Peacock lost 1.7 billion in 2021.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Apparently this is part of their adoption program for the service.
They projected losses until 2024

Yep, they're in the rollout phase, essentially. They had to blow a ton of money to produce and acquire content. Paired with the fact that they're giving the premium tier away to a large portion of Comcast and Cox customers, it was impossible to even think about a profit right now.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yep, they're in the rollout phase, essentially. They had to blow a ton of money to produce and acquire content. Paired with the fact that they're giving the premium tier away to a large portion of Comcast and Cox customers, it was impossible to even think about a profit right now.
Comcast needs to partner with CBS Viacom and merge Peacock into another service like Paramount+. The market will have multiple players but everyone can't be a winner and Peacock just looks like it's going to be on the outside looking in. Every media company doesn't need to go it alone. It's like Discover and HBO Max post merger need to fuse those services.

Realistically there may be 4 major players in this. Netflix, Disney, Warner/Discover, and somebody else. Comcast needs to hold that L and partner up to fill that void.

Edit: forgot Prime Video. I don't even think about it like that as I sub to Prime for shipping.

Last edited:

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
It might not sound like a big deal but I think they need to fix their branding. What kind of fukking name is peakcock :what:? I get the tie-in with the NBC logo but still.

And, yes, their handling of the Olympics was atrocious.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
god damn! :russ::mjlol::dead: ain't nobody watching that bullshyt streaming service, should've just sold yo shyt to netflix or hulu

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
PN1o0n.gif
for u sony nikkas and ps5 retarted ass getting banned.
we still fighting the good fight brother.:salute:
story behind this gif :skip:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Everybody dont need to offer a streaming service smh specially of ur shyt for free in the first place

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
They have good content but the UI is atrocious, probably the worst of any streaming service I have used