PC gaming is shameful

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
I will say it's pretty swagless. Random lights and terrible logos/design run rampant. I just got me a gaming laptop tho. :mjgrin:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Only problem with PC gaming is developers being on some bullshyt, they don't see much profit here compared to console so they don't bother

But the competitive environment for PC gaming keeps them here.

Don't you ever disrespect RGB and PC building again :stopitslime: Building and watercooling your system is a piece of art.

You can have a 2-3 generation old PC build and still play most games w/ alright/good refresh rates without a problem.

Every playstation/Xbox you have to upgrade and the options for monitor setups :blessed: I should neg OP

What do Ps4 and Xbox players do when they run out of storage room?

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
I'm not going to buy anything for a few years at least. I bought a pre-built gaming PC in 2016 and it came with a GTX 1060. About a year later I moved up to the gtx 1080 ti. Looking back I could have probably stayed at 1080p but I had the means to go 1440p 144hz. I'm not looking to game in 4k for a while. I value high frame rates and can't see myself not having a high refresh rate monitor at 4k. I'm just trying to get back to enjoying gaming again.

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
I dont even get the thread at all..

99% of PC users wont be buying these optional high end video cards. Its not mandatory. Its not required. The most popular games you could play on a microwave and arent high end graphic intense. Not only that, the few people that would spend $500-600 on a video card, arent even happy about this decision as a whole. Its not like nVidia is receiving good response from this.. itd be different if people were lined out the doors like Apple releases a new high end phone, but people arent. The high prices are making even the biggest enthusiasts reconsider..

Then he brings up hacking and live streaming... I doubt someone would have a very long career (if you can call it that) in live streaming while being an obvious cheater.. the gaming community looks down upon hackers/cheaters..

and outside of Riot and Blizzard, what big game companies are not using Steam? Origin(EA) been around for a decade now, so cant complain about that. Blizzard has always been its own game launcher.. Who else is not using Steam??

then he compares it to people who argue about consoles. The difference between consoles and these video cards is, you can still game on PC, very high end or low end -- whatever you CHOOSE to do, still. In console gaming, its a prepackaged hardware where you are stuck with whatever the companies have put in it. I dont get the comparison at all.

Fallout usually comes out on its own platform (as did Elder Scrolls Online and other Bestheda titles) then releases on Steam later.. maybe new news to you, but its not actual a new practice from Bestheda..

Not every game always came out on Steam.. Arena.Net and Epic Games have always had their launchers as well..

You need to view Steam as more of a market place more so than a universal game launcher

/Thread

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Ports are the only thing I can really get on. I've seen bad ports on steam.
It sucks not being able to maximize your investment because developers could give two fukks about your pc's capabilities. And if they do, you have to wait longer.