PC gaming is a cotdamn SCAM, come catch these motherfukkin negs!!!

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Dropped $1900 on this rig, 8700k, 32 gigs of 3200 ram, gtx 2070, 970 evo

First of all I can’t get this gotdamn 4k/ 60hz monitor that I paid $500 for to look nearly as nice as my 5 year old 1080p tv in terms of color reproduction

Tried playing the Witcher 3 on Ultra everything settings and aside from longer draw distances and more sunlight I can’t tell what I paid all this money for

I could’ve got a Xbox One X, a PS4 Pro and a 13 inch MacBook Pro for all that guap

Tell me what I’m doing wrong!!!

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago

First of all I can’t get this gotdamn 4k/ 60hz monitor that I paid $500 for to look nearly as nice as my 5 year old 1080p tv in terms of color reproduction

Tried playing the Witcher 3 on Ultra everything settings and aside from longer draw distances and more sunlight I can’t tell what I paid all this money for

I could’ve got a Xbox One X, a PS4 Pro and a 13 inch MacBook Pro for all that guap

32 GB of ram for just gaming is overkill, need a 2080 ti for 4k/60 gaming.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal

Game at 2k, not 4k. The 2070 is an ok card but not the best. Your 2070 card would shyt on any console out if u had the right monitor. I mean 60hz refresh rate :francis:

U need 144hz IPS monitor with g sync tech. U definitely should of posted in the PC thread breh.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps

As far as the monitor I had the same issue with my upgrade. I had an old ass 1080p monitor for like 10 years and I didn't realize how great it looked until I tried to upgrade my monitor. First off, AVOID that ASUS monitor that is the most popular one on Amazon and other sites at all costs. It looks like absolute shyt. All the colors are washed out and no amount of settings adjustment will fix it. While the delay time of 1ms was better than my old 5ms LED monitor, the image quality was so terrible I returned that shyt. I got a deal on this monitor and it looks quite a bit better. Don't think it looks as great as my old monitor but close enough and the 155 Hz (overclocked setting) refresh rate is definitely worth it.

So OP if you're unhappy with your current monitor, I recommend this one if you want to give it a try and can return your current one

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why lil nikka?

Because you didn’t see this neg coming first of all :ehh:

Secondly, you coulda cut that RAM in half and been good. If you tryna run 4K60 you need a 2080ti and that’s not even ultra for every game yet. Did you get an overclock MOBO since you got a K CPU? If so, have you tried overclocking? What kinda cooler you got on it?

Also what kinda RAM you got?

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
U need 144hz IPS monitor with g sync tech. U definitely should of posted in the PC thread breh.

I was going to say I didn't even look at 144hz 1ms IPS monitors given the pricing but if OP dropped all this cash and can return his 500 dollar monitor than yeah he needs to go this route. TN panels are shyt. IPS panels look great but are cost prohibitive for gaming needs as the low response time and high refresh rate monitors are a lot of money. But IPS looks great. Same thing they use in macbook pros and the iMac

edit: Also don't worry about getting a gsync monitor anymore. Nvidia has updated their drivers for most cards (all the RTX line) to work with freesync monitor which are usually cheaper and its the same shyt. Nvidia fukked themselves by charging too much for the usage rights of the Gsync that it shoots up the price of a monitor like a 100 bucks and it sold like shyt. So now they are making all their cards compatible with AMD's Freesync

Last edited:

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
As far as the monitor I had the same issue with my upgrade. I had an old ass 1080p monitor for like 10 years and I didn't realize how great it looked until I tried to upgrade my monitor. First off, AVOID that ASUS monitor that is the most popular one on Amazon and other sites at all costs. It looks like absolute shyt. All the colors are washed out and no amount of settings adjustment will fix it. While the delay time of 1ms was better than my old 5ms LED monitor, the image quality was so terrible I returned that shyt. I got a deal on this monitor and it looks quite a bit better. Don't think it looks as great as my old monitor but close enough and the 155 Hz (overclocked setting) refresh rate is definitely worth it.

So OP if you're unhappy with your current monitor, I recommend this one if you want to give it a try and can return your current one

Which ASUS monitor are you talking about? I got a ASUS PB278Q (retail $379) that I've owned for 2.5 years and it looks great. 2560x1440, sharp and the colors are great.