PC brehs.. is this PC good enough to edit video in 4k?

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
CPU ---> GPU ---> RAM in that order (of importance)

Get a processor with as many cores as you can. If you're building a dedicated video editing rig I would go AMD Ryzen simply because they give you more cores for the money. if you can afford 12 cores, the Ryzen 5900x is a great choice.

If you're editing in Resolve or a similar program that uses GPU accelerated rendering, the RTX 3070 will shine there.

32GB of RAM is a must, particularly if your workflow requires any use of After Effects or the dynamic link functionality in the Adobe CC suite.

Lastly, no matter how powerful your computer is, another bottleneck is the speed of the drive your footage is parked on. Most 4K RAW and h264 footage is gonna require an SSD or a fast HDD for you to edit them in real time without chugging as soon as you manipulate the footage. Fortunately, SSDs have gotten much cheaper these days and you can get a 2TB external for under $250.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
CPU ---> GPU ---> RAM in that order (of importance)

Get a processor with as many cores as you can. If you're building a dedicated video editing rig I would go AMD Ryzen simply because they give you more cores for the money. if you can afford 12 cores, the Ryzen 5900x is a great choice.

If you're editing in Resolve or a similar program that uses GPU accelerated rendering, the RTX 3070 will shine there.

32GB of RAM is a must, particularly if your workflow requires any use of After Effects or the dynamic link functionality in the Adobe CC suite.

Lastly, no matter how powerful your computer is, another bottleneck is the speed of the drive your footage is parked on. Most 4K RAW and h264 footage is gonna require an SSD or a fast HDD for you to edit them in real time without chugging as soon as you manipulate the footage. Fortunately, SSDs have gotten much cheaper these days and you can get a 2TB external for under $250.
Other than ram is the pc I posted spec wise good enough? Because I may buy the pc then buy the ram

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Other than ram is the pc I posted spec wise good enough? Because I may buy the pc then buy the ram

Like I said in the last post, the more cores the better. 8 cores/16 threads isn't bad, 12 cores/24 threads would be significantly faster.

An RTX 3070 is definitely good enough.

The rig you're looking at needs more RAM and would benefit from a beefier CPU but if that's the top of your budget it will work as long as you upgrade the RAM.

If you don't already have a pair of studio monitors and a SpyderX monitor color calibrator you should consider investing in those as well.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like I said in the last post, the more cores the better. 8 cores/16 threads isn't bad, 12 cores/24 threads would be significantly faster.

An RTX 3070 is definitely good enough.

The rig you're looking at needs more RAM and would benefit from a beefier CPU but if that's the top of your budget it will work as long as you upgrade the RAM.

If you don't already have a pair of studio monitors and a SpyderX monitor color calibrator you should consider investing in those as well.
The issue is more so availability, majority of the PCs are sold out due to gpu shortage. Thanks alot for the info tho

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
CPU should be 10700K for better base speed, and the full 64gb of RAM supported by that machine.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Get a PS5 and play real games made for gamers. Rendering and editing is gay.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
How much adding the extra ram cost? And other than the ram is the cpu good enough ? The pc I have now is 16gb ram and near impossible to edit 4k60 video, choppy and lagging even in editing

It'll only be like 100 bucks, how many more ram slots do you have left on your board, you have to consider and you can be refurbished ram for pretty cheap