PC brehs.. is this PC good enough to edit video in 4k?

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
It’s a complicated answer because it really depends on what the material is

how long is it

and what bit rate are you rendering at

adding more ram will save you a FEW minutes but it’s not that big of a difference over what you have now

maybe 2 or 3 mins quicker if you bumped up to 32 gigs

it really depends on what you’re doing

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You need more ram, 16gb is cool with gaming, but if you rendering 4k video you gonna need at least 32gb or that shyt gonna take forever, but if you got time like that, you good
How much adding the extra ram cost? And other than the ram is the cpu good enough ? The pc I have now is 16gb ram and near impossible to edit 4k60 video, choppy and lagging even in editing

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s a complicated answer because it really depends on what the material is

how long is it

and what bit rate are you rendering at

adding more ram will save you a FEW minutes but it’s not that big of a difference over what you have now

maybe 2 or 3 mins quicker if you bumped up to 32 gigs

it really depends on what you’re doing
The video is 4k60 at 100bit

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It's less will it do it, and more how long will it take. Buy the most RAM, GPU And CPU that you can afford.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
You know the crazy thing. My M1 MacBook Air is really great at editing 4k video and doesn't even break a sweat. Hell, it can't it doesn't have a fan inside.

With that being said, you'll be fine with that setup.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
How is the cpu in the one I mentioned? I'm thinking buying it then just upgrading the ram
It will work, but, again, buy the best your budget allows. The stronger computer you have the less time these tasks will take. I would build it myself you know how. That avoids wasting money on anything unnecessary.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know the crazy thing. My M1 MacBook Air is really great at editing 4k video and doesn't even break a sweat. Hell, it can't it doesn't have a fan inside.

With that being said, you'll be fine with that setup.
I was going to get an M1 laptop but I also want to do 3d renders and didn't think it would cope

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It will work, but, again, buy the best your budget allows. The stronger computer you have the less time these tasks will take. I would build it myself you know how. That avoids wasting money on anything unnecessary.
I would have gone with a more powerful pc, issue is alot of them are sold.put due to the gou shortages.

This is the same reason I didn't self build... Can't get gpu I want