Paula Deen Accuser Speaks Out: This Was Never About the N-Word

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
The woman who set the Paula Deen racial scandal into motion has spoken out for the first time since it broke last month, telling CNN that her lawsuit "has never been about the N-word."

Lisa Jackson, former manager at one of the celebrity chef's restaurants in Georgia, provided the statement to CNN through her lawyer, Matthew Billips. She is suing Deen and her brother, Bubba Hier, alleging they committed numerous acts of violence, discrimination and racism that resulted in the end of her five-year employment at Lady & Sons and Bubba's Seafood and Oyster House restaurants.

Jackson said that the lawsuit was intended "to address Ms. Deen's patterns of disrespect and degradation of people that she deems to be inferior."

"I may be a white woman, but I could no longer tolerate her abuse of power as a business owner, nor her condonation of Mr. Hier's despicable behavior on a day-to-day basis," the statement provided to CNN's Don Lemon continued. "I am what I am, and I am a human being that cares about all races, and that is why I feel it is important to be the voice for those who are too afraid to use theirs."

Jackson's attorney did not immediately respond to TheWrap's request for comment.

On Monday, Deen and her brother filed suit against Jackson contending that she had no grounds has no grounds to allege racial discrimination as a white woman. Their attorneys pointed to the Supreme Court's court's ruling in the Prop 8 case, Hollingsworth v. Perry, in which the court said anyone suing in federal court must have standing.

Jackson has said she was offended by racial slurs she heard while working at the restaurant, and that she has "bi-racial nieces" whose father is African-American.

Paula Deen Accuser Speaks Out: This Was Never About the N-Word - Yahoo! TV

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
White folks don't hear that. They keep saying "who cares if she said the N word 30 years ago", missing the whole point of the lawsuit.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
Im glad she called the media out on this, because they were definitely controlling the narrative here. The media made it all about the N word, because that allowed them to sensationalize it in a way that they could also implicate black people in this story as well, and turn them from victims to the actual problem: "well blacks use it", "what about rappers", "its just a word, they're sensitive". If you havent noticed, we have a lil blame the black man problem here in America.

They completely ignored things like Deen suggesting her black employees dress like slaves, and her pro-antebellum views, because thats a lil harder to fit into their agenda. Blacks dont have a history of suggesting concentration camp themed parties for their jewish employees, or having pro internment camp fantasies concerning asians.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Props to this woman for filling the lawsuit and props for coming out and clarifying after the horrible spin on this case by the media to make it just "OMG She said the N WORD at sometime and at some point"

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
Im glad she called the media out on this, because they were definitely controlling the narrative here. The media made it all about the N word, because that allowed them to sensationalize it in a way, that they could also implicate black people in this story as well, and turn them from victims to the actual problem: "well blacks use it too", "what about rappers", "its just a word". If you havent noticed, we have a lil blame the black man problem here in America.

They completely ignored things like Deen suggesting her black employees dress like slaves, and her pro-antebellum views, because thats a lil harder to fit into their agenda. Blacks dont have a history of suggesting concentration camp themed parties for their jewish employees, or having pro internment camp fantasies concerning asians.

real shyt the shyt you say lets me know not everybody on this website a lil bytch and can actually think for themselves :salute: my nikka you a real one

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
If she is white and filed the lawsuit, then why f@ck white people complaining about the unfair treatment of Paula Deen ? :dahell:

Beegio

You ni66as don't exist we eat filet mignon
Daps
If she is white and filed the lawsuit, then why f@ck white people complaining about the unfair treatment of Paula Deen ? :dahell:

Probably because everyone assumed that the accuser is black. I didn't know she was white. :ehh:

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Im glad she called the media out on this, because they were definitely controlling the narrative here. The media made it all about the N word, because that allowed them to sensationalize it in a way, that they could also implicate black people in this story as well, and turn them from victims to the actual problem: "well blacks use it too", "what about rappers", "its just a word". If you havent noticed, we have a lil blame the black man problem here in America.

I hate the dikkriding that goes on on the-coli but I gotta say dude, you're one of the best posters on this forum. You're a bit of a :cape: for these hoes, but someone's gotta love e'm :manny:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps

Because it fits into the reactionary attitude a lot of people in this country have as it relates to political and social topics. "Oh those blacks again complaining about the n word again! They use it themselves!" instead of actually using mental energy and time for example to find out exactly what was going on with this case. Once people get riled up based on ignorance like that, fact does little to sway them to think otherwise.

Edit: Case and point, I just read the comments on that yahoo article :snoop: . You know I hear a lot of people complain about the racism on yahoo but I would feel bad if these people were actually educated and intelligent. Their brand of racism and bigotry is so stupid and simple that I equate it with a child calling someone a poopy head because of a minor slight.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Im glad she called the media out on this, because they were definitely controlling the narrative here. The media made it all about the N word, because that allowed them to sensationalize it in a way, that they could also implicate black people in this story as well, and turn them from victims to the actual problem: "well blacks use it", "what about rappers", "its just a word, they're senstive". If you havent noticed, we have a lil blame the black man problem here in America.

nbw always spitting the truth in these topics

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I read the title of the article like :myman:

Then this is the first comment I read :
Lisa said:
So we can sue when someone calls a white person a cracker??? DOUBLE STANDARD

:ohhh:
:snoop:

For the record I knew the woman was white.
Most of the bigots who came out of the wood work to
support who they thought was a fellow racist being persecuted
at the hands of a "double standard" abusing negro were the ones caught
with their pants down.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps

honestly, because the white mindset is fukking retarded.

i guarantee Paula Deen stans are now talking about how this lady is a race traitor or some shyt and only said something because of "white guilt".

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Im glad she called the media out on this, because they were definitely controlling the narrative here. The media made it all about the N word, because that allowed them to sensationalize it in a way, that they could also implicate black people in this story as well, and turn them from victims to the actual problem: "well blacks use it", "what about rappers", "its just a word, they're senstive". If you havent noticed, we have a lil blame the black man problem here in America.

Good post:salute:

It's hilarious how the media spun this story into blaming blacks for being so sensitive about the N-word when it was really not based off of that.:wtf:

But you know how it goes, when all else fails blame the black people :manny:

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
I hate the dikkriding that goes on on the-coli but I gotta say dude, you're one of the best posters on this forum. You're a bit of a :cape: for these hoes, but someone's gotta love e'm :manny:

LOL, thats whats up...my simp game real strong. I got this 4th of july themed cape im finna bust out for the party tonight and tomorrow. About to hit my booth, do my spin, and change on em like this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7vQSPBtwyc&feature=player_detailpage#t=11s]Captain Save A Hoe - YouTube[/ame]

:myman: Bamma weed finna be a hero out in these streets. Ladies who needs a hand?