Patrice O'neal Documentary: Killing is Easy

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Watched it with a smile on my face the whole time. Ending aside of course.

I think enough time has passed to where I'm not sad he's gone and I'm just glad I got to hear him and see him while he was alive.

Happy to see him get his flowers, even if he's not here to get them.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Saw this last night. It was good:mjcry:

Him talkin to his mom on the phone about eatin p*ssy!:mjlol: Patrice gave zero fukks:russ:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I also liked something subtle that I noticed in real life but wasn't sure about until I watched it in the doc about the way they presented his Black Phillip stuff.

I didn't notice it in real time, but after he died, when I would go back and listen to all Patrice's stuff, as I got older I started to notice that he definitely got harsher and more blunt around the Black Phillip era, but then by the time Elephant in the Room came out, he didn't tone it down, but he refined his points and his delivery softened, even if the points and sentiment was still the same. Even on O&A or on the albums like Mr. P. He didn't switch up, but he for sure had a dark period that he took a few steps back from.

I'm a huge fan. My name has 'righteous' in it because it's something he'd say a lot. But I think people assume that if he was alive now he'd be super 'hard on hoes' but I'm not sure it would be that cut and dry. He's not like Corey Holcomb whose been saying the same things the same ways for over a decade. His beliefs and opinions built up and hit their peak at Black Phillip, but then they came back down and became more potent after.

The same goes for his views on Hollywood. His views got to a "fukk it and fukk them" point, but then he came back from that and started to see where he played his own part in things going bad.

We were just getting to the place where we would have seen a savvy Patrice, and if he lived that version of Patrice would have been the undisputed GOAT and not just an underground legend.

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
Von Decarlo :salute:

How she's not on a lotta nikkas pedestals is beyond me
What? Because we're students on the greatest Philosopher, Comedian, Pimp, Mack and shyt talker. That's why.

Enjoyed the shyt out of this docu. Hell with the risk of the GOAT clowning me from Heaven, I even almost cried when the father and the influence on his daughter came up.

R.I.P. to the GOAT. The man literally gave no fcuks and kept it too real!

Last edited: