Path Of Exile 2 trailer, looks like game of the year potential

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Where did they say there's no crafting? I saw some transmutes drop. Just assumed they reduced drops for the presentation so the focus is more on gameplay.

Looks good to me. And I'd expect more optimized builds would be faster/better. From the sound of things, the gear and stats of the characters they presented were rather undertuned.
During the Developer Q&A, it was confirmed that they were removing the crafting bench, scouring orbs and alt orbs. It looks like what little deterministic meta crafting we had going in poe1 is gone in 2. I'm sure there will be some form of crafting, but not in the way we're used to.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
What makes it different from Devil?
I'm assuming you mean Diablo. PoE is what Diablo 3 should have been. A deep and complex build system. Many skills and many ways to play those skills. A great crafting system that can make almost any skill viable. The only knock on it, was the engine it ran on was trash. From what I've seen of PoE 2, they are using a better engine so I cannot wait for the release.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm assuming you mean Diablo. PoE is what Diablo 3 should have been. A deep and complex build system. Many skills and many ways to play those skills. A great crafting system that can make almost any skill viable. The only knock on it, was the engine it ran on was trash. From what I've seen of PoE 2, they are using a better engine so I cannot wait for the release.

Is it constantly running your pockets like diablo though, especially since its F2P?

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm aiming to get a WFH or at least hybrid job ASAP for various reasons. Last week I thought about how much POE I would play if I WFH. Let the second one drop and I would play it like im getting paid to do so.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Is it constantly running your pockets like diablo though, especially since its F2P?
Nope. Outside of stash tabs, everything else is cosmetic, and not really needed to play the game. It's one of the few games that does monetization the right way.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

PoE is really good. I'm kind of wary about PoE 2 because there seems to be so many drastic changes. I know people who have played it say it's not as slow as it looks but man does the melee combat look slow as fukk. I wouldn't say it looks clunky but all the weapon and attack animations so far look slow. Including charge-up skills. There's also been next to zero discussion or depiction of loot. One criticism I have of PoE 1 is it sometimes feels like the developers just hate the idea of loot. It's missing that Diablo 1/2 feel of good items just dropping every hour or so. You can craft good/great items to compensate but I'd rather just get a dope drop...

Clearly they want the sequel to appeal to the masses and there's a huge opportunity to knock out Diablo 4, the same way PoE knocked out Diablo 3. But I need to see more before I feel great about the game.

Chef

All Star
Daps
I’m having fun with this season of Diablo but when this PoE2 shyt drop, I’m off D4. :pachaha: