Pass up on the next Yao Ming, NBAbrehs

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Why is Walker Kessler still playing summer league after 3 years in the league?
He’s entering his 3rd year

But yeah he doesn’t need summer league. Maybe he chose to play since he isn’t playing with Team USA this summer.

They should have used him more at the World Cup

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
He also had actual big men to guard him.
Yeah, this is my thing. In basketball when you're that much bigger and stronger than everyone and have post skills, there is not much anybody can do to you.

This is the kind of energy I'm going to expect from Zach Edey and these soft ass bigs don't have nearly the same type of dog Patrick Beverly got in him:

Edey can literally say that to everyone in the league in the post. These players' egos can't handle that and Zach Edey has that kind of vibe and meanstreak to him, not the soft ass gentle giant. That's basically what sold me.

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Basically like what I said in the previous post.

Think of many great players, sometimes unstoppable looking players: LeBron, Shaq, Jokic, Luka, Giannis, etc. all these dude are insanely strong.

There isn't really much to do against someone who is taller and stronger than you when they take you with their post up game.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Why is Walker Kessler still playing summer league after 3 years in the league?
Them nikkas hate him or at least don't rate him :yeshrug:
Having a fringe lottery pick, one that had a generational defensive season as a rookie, come off the bench to pad John Collins's trade value. That told me all I needed to know.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium

Think of many great players, sometimes unstoppable looking players: LeBron, Shaq, Jokic, Luka, Giannis, etc. all these dude are insanely strong.

There isn't really much to do against someone who is taller and stronger than you when they take you with their post up game.

No offense to you, but this idea is lunacy. I think you need some size on the roster as a change-up, but arguably the most decorated defender in the history of the league is 7'1, played on the best defensive team statistically, and Jokic tortured him for 7 games. Minnesota's best point of attack defender for Jokic was 6'10 Karl Anthony Towns. He moves way too fluidly to put some stiff giant on him. He figures out every matchup really; 6'10 Anthony Davis was once considered one of the best Jokic defenders...hasn't been the case in years.

The only thing that has been proven to work is to have someone who's a good point of attack defender for him and to have an elite rim protector behind them. And you may still get cooked. That formula worked for the Lakers 5 years ago, long before he really became Jokic, the 76ers with PJ and Embiid (and that only worked twice), and he looked somewhat uncomfortable in the first two games of the TWolves series. It ain't just height for the sake of height

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps

Only possible if they weigh alot

Majority of our tall players weigh 230

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
No offense to you, but this idea is lunacy. I think you need some size on the roster as a change-up, but arguably the most decorated defender in the history of the league is 7'1, played on the best defensive team statistically, and Jokic tortured him for 7 games. Minnesota's best point of attack defender for Jokic was 6'10 Karl Anthony Towns. He moves way too fluidly to put some stiff giant on him. He figures out every matchup really; 6'10 Anthony Davis was once considered one of the best Jokic defenders...hasn't been the case in years.

The only thing that has been proven to work is to have someone who's a good point of attack defender for him and to have an elite rim protector behind them. And you may still get cooked. That formula worked for the Lakers 5 years ago, long before he really became Jokic, the 76ers with PJ and Embiid (and that only worked twice), and he looked somewhat uncomfortable in the first two games of the TWolves series. It ain't just height for the sake of height
I mean, Jokic will probably find other ways to beat Edey, but I do think Jokic simply knowing these guys are BBQ in the post due to the strength mismatch makes his game and options a lot easier. Jokic 100% plays his best when he is just so much stronger than the people defending him. The guy has a shot, handle, passing and multiple ways but man when he knows you can't handle him in the paint he goes to work.