Papa Doc, Uncle Sam, & the Tonton Macoutes (documentary)

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Yeah, He restarted the Noirism (Black/Africanism) movement that Papa Dessalines started.
But ironically his son Baby Doc was very tight with the Mulatto economic elite.:francis:
He had to make concessions to political reality, though. I believe Papa Doc's wife came from one of the mulatto families. Baby Doc was tied into those circles by blood.......and then through his wife.

Mega

Superstar
Daps
He had to make concessions to political reality, though. I believe Papa Doc's wife came from one of the mulatto families. Baby Doc was tied into those circles by blood.......and then through his wife.
Yes and No.
She was a product of a affair between a wealthy mulatto businessman and a poor black maid.
Basically she was a b*stard child, and her father's family refused to recognize her as one of them.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
My Grandparents who are 86 and 88, claim that the periods during President Dumarsais Estime and President Paul Magloire were the best times for Haiti.

My mom was too young to remember Magloire era but she told me her mother felt the same way.

My mother also thinks while Duvalier and his machete squad had most :whoa: she feels like it was still a better time compared to now. Ever since the '10 quake she's too scared to and has no desire to visit. She recently heard about an acquaintance's daughter getting kidnapped for ransom and gangraped until payment. :picard:

Mega

Superstar
Daps
Papa or Baby's wife?
I was referring to Papa Doc’s wife Simone

I just realized you are talking Baby Doc’s wife Michelle Bennett. Michelle came from the upper class. But she was a known thot amomg the upper class Haitian circle

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I was referring to Papa Doc’s wife Simone

I just realized you are talking Baby Doc’s wife Michelle Bennett. Michelle came from the upper class. But she was a known thot amomg the upper class Haitian circle
I was referring to Papa Doc, and thanks for the correction.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
A lot of the older Haitians that love the Duvalier regime actually hated the regime when they were younger like my parents. What changed was that after 1986 the country fell into a constant cycle of coups, violence, civil conflict, bloodshed etc that exist to this day. My parents always say if the Duvalier regime was still around that Haiti wouldn’t have gang violence, political turmoil and relative instability because the Haiti they grew up in the 60s, 70s and early 80s was relatively safe. So when they see what happened to Haiti since then it’s a major culture shock when they go back home. It’s basically kind of how people in Iraq say they want Saddam Hussein back because Iraq had order.
My mom was too young to remember Magloire era but she told me her mother felt the same way.

My mother also thinks while Duvalier and his machete squad had most :whoa: she feels like it was still a better time compared to now. Ever since the '10 quake she's too scared to and has no desire to visit. She recently heard about an acquaintance's daughter getting kidnapped for ransom and gangraped until payment. :picard:

Older generations have to be carrying some despair over that. Not in their wildest nightmares would they imagine that the conditions would be worse decades after they left.
Being afraid to go back to live or visit where you grew up? For fear that the relatives of your old neighbors would line you up? As poor as the country was and is, there was always a level of dignity. The element responsible for the kidnappings and the other bullshyt are trying to rob us of that dignity.

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was just talking about him the other day. My parents were saying that the grandson wants to be President now? :dead:
I'll check the vid later thanks.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
The ENGLISH subtitles are pure struggle.

hilarious.gif