Papa Doc, Uncle Sam, & the Tonton Macoutes (documentary)

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
PAPA DOC, UNCLE SAM & THE TONTONS MACOUTES

French and Kreyol, but with English subtitle option (youtube auto translate)
==============================

dbe2b593-phpvjdvwe.png

1 hour 26 minutes

In the name of anti-communism, the United States has supported Haiti’s bloodiest regime for almost 30 years. The goal: to limit Cuba's influence in the Caribbean. This historic documentary lifts the veil on the dictatorship of the Duvalier family who, for decades, was supplied with weapons, men and money straight from Washington ...

Nicolas Jallot and Émile Rabaté tell, for the first time, this little-known or even unknown part of Haiti’s history. A story that sheds light on the geopolitics of the region during the Cold War, and the ties that still unite these two different countries: little Haiti and the giant called United States, married by dollars and blood.

produced in 2019.

@nawlinsnfinest , because you posted a documentary about Papa Doc last year, and asked for additional material

Last edited:

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
PAPA DOC, UNCLE SAM & THE TONTONS MACOUTES

French and Kreyol, but with English subtitle option (youtube auto translate)
==============================

dbe2b593-phpvjdvwe.png

1 hour 26 minutes

In the name of anti-communism, the United States has supported Haiti’s bloodiest regime for almost 30 years. The goal: to protect Cuba's influence in the Caribbean. This historic documentary lifts the veil on the dictatorship of the Duvalier family who, for decades, was supplied with weapons, men and money straight from Washington ...

Nicolas Jallot and Émile Rabaté tell, for the first time, this little-known or even unknown part of Haiti’s history. A story that sheds light on the geopolitics of the region during the Cold War, and the ties that still unite these two different countries: little Haiti and the giant called United States, married by dollars and blood.

@nawlinsnfinest , because you posted a documentary about Papa Doc last year, and asked for additional material

Papa Doc was killing mulatto elite in Haitian am I right?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Papa Doc was killing mulatto elite in Haitian am I right?
He killed all current and potential political rivals. He tricked the majority population into "us" versus "them", them being the mulatto elite families. When he seized power, the people realized that he didn't give a fukk about them, and the "us" "them" games were a smokescreen to distract them.

But to answer the question, yes he killed ,tortured, and exiled many members of that mulatto / gens de couleur group.They tried to kill him and his family also.

To put it in context, political violence was the rule, not the exception, in Haitian history . Duvalier had "Black" elite, and "Black" everyday people killed,tortured, and exiled also. To intimidate critics, or potential rivals.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
My Mom loves Papa Doc. My dad always calls her the devil. But which one does my mom like? cause she was a middle class Haitian.
A lot of the older Haitians that love the Duvalier regime actually hated the regime when they were younger like my parents. What changed was that after 1986 the country fell into a constant cycle of coups, violence, civil conflict, bloodshed etc that exist to this day. My parents always say if the Duvalier regime was still around that Haiti wouldn’t have gang violence, political turmoil and relative instability because the Haiti they grew up in the 60s, 70s and early 80s was relatively safe. So when they see what happened to Haiti since then it’s a major culture shock when they go back home. It’s basically kind of how people in Iraq say they want Saddam Hussein back because Iraq had order.

Mega

Superstar
Daps
A lot of the older Haitians that love the Duvalier regime actually hated the regime when they were younger like my parents. What changed was that after 1986 the country fell into a constant cycle of coups, violence, civil conflict, bloodshed etc that exist to this day. My parents always say if the Duvalier regime was still around that Haiti wouldn’t have gang violence, political turmoil and relative instability because the Haiti they grew up in the 60s, 70s and early 80s was relatively safe. So when they see what happened to Haiti since then it’s a major culture shock when they go back home. It’s basically kind of how people in Iraq say they want Saddam Hussein back because Iraq had order.
My Grandparents who are 86 and 88, claim that the periods during President Dumarsais Estime and President Paul Magloire were the best times for Haiti.