Pandering for "Minority" votes

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
and how much campaign $$ we talking? we planned to fund and advertise this straight from the streets up. get the local rappers etc to support, snap/insta advertising, throw food drives, cookouts, back to school drive, sports tournaments ,etc . real community shyt, fukk the radio and ad $$ . we want the minority vote and can care less about cacs.
shyt we can do some intimidation too if it come down to it , we gone win like the cacs be tryna win

If I remember correctly, it's an average of about $700,000 spent to win a House seat in California, and like $1.1 million for a senate seat. So I figure for a mayoral race you're looking at between $250,000-$500,000 to have success. Can you do it without that much? Sure, but statistically there's a positive correlation between money spent during a campaign and winning a seat. Incumbents have name recognition going for them, so unless the spot is vacated, it's a tough battle. The stuff you mentioned is fine, but you have to mobilize voters and make sure they turn out.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
nikkas get shot at car shows on Sunday's here in San Bernardino how well you think it's going to go if you start giving away tacos and weed?

lol you funny but you got a point. trust me, all that senseless killing record breaking murder rate shyt gone die down real quick if we happen to win.
unlike blm, we will go to each hood in the Dino and let nikkas know wsup. prolly try some hamsterdam-esque type shyt. any nikka still tryna be a killa will have his whole FAM looking for somewhere to live in Rialto or Fontana. get with the change or gtfo , that's the plan

Daps
I honestly feel that no matter what a politician does to connect with "minority" communities, be it genuine or otherwise, people will claim they're pandering. What you described, though, is as you would put "grimey". What's wrong with making a legitimate attempt to connect with low turnout areas, listening to their problems, and working with them to make progress?

Also, I think your friend should look to start small because challenging an incumbent is a tall order. First and foremost, she's going to need a lot of campaign funding and that's tough to get when you're coming from nowhere (and I mean no disrespect with that).
I agree completely

tater

Superstar
Daps
I think it's pandering and insulting. Tacos? Come on breh. I know you can do better. If you go to San Fran with the asians are you going to make egg rolls? Or chicken and watermelon for black people?

Why not do things to get people to come out that are also beneficial to the community? A BBQ where you also have an open forum discussing issues. MAYBE there can be chicken and tacos there :russ:.

Start a community garden and try and get the local elementary and middle schools out to help. Gives you visibility. Call up some local media and get your name out there for things like that. They may bite. They'll never be at your gram party though.

The free club days are an absolute no. You're isolating yourself already. The conservative religious folks are some of the biggest voter blocs out there. They usually frown on events focused on debauchery and alcohol (this is what the club is all about). Yes, you need the youth vote, but pandering to them with clubs and tacos is not the way to go. I can't tell you how many people I talked to about Hilary doing these types of things and they were immediately turned off. It's an insult to people's intelligence. Some young people actually care about the economy and foreign policy. Bait them with positive things that can still be tied to helping out the area. The club does not do that.

Have a high school voting drive and get the seniors to register and talk to them about their concerns. Them being able to put a face to your name will help you tremendously even if they don't vote right away. These will be your constituents soon and they'll remember you. It also shows you find them important.

When politicians pander to senior citizens they pander to them with real issues: SS, retirement, healthcare, etc. They don't have werthers wednesday. These are the real issues that effect them, and they'll know you recognize that.

I vote, and I'm rather informed. I'm the demo you need to target. I would NEVER come out to a free gram Friday party (I don't even know what that is) and would most likely file you under the BS politician category. It would take a lot of work to get you out of that box. So just don't put yourself in it.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
I think it's pandering and insulting. Tacos? Come on breh. I know you can do better. If you go to San Fran with the asians are you going to make egg rolls? Or chicken and watermelon for black people?

Why not do things to get people to come out that are also beneficial to the community? A BBQ where you also have an open forum discussing issues. MAYBE there can be chicken and tacos there :russ:.

Start a community garden and try and get the local elementary and middle schools out to help. Gives you visibility. Call up some local media and get your name out there for things like that. They may bite. They'll never be at your gram party though.

The free club days are an absolute no. You're isolating yourself already. The conservative religious folks are some of the biggest voter blocs out there. They usually frown on events focused on debauchery and alcohol (this is what the club is all about). Yes, you need the youth vote, but pandering to them with clubs and tacos is not the way to go. I can't tell you how many people I talked to about Hilary doing these types of things and they were immediately turned off. It's an insult to people's intelligence. Some young people actually care about the economy and foreign policy. Bait them with positive things that can still be tied to helping out the area. The club does not do that.

Have a high school voting drive and get the seniors to register and talk to them about their concerns. Them being able to put a face to your name will help you tremendously even if they don't vote right away. These will be your constituents soon and they'll remember you. It also shows you find them important.

When politicians pander to senior citizens they pander to them with real issues: SS, retirement, healthcare, etc. They don't have werthers wednesday. These are the real issues that effect them, and they'll know you recognize that.

I vote, and I'm rather informed. I'm the demo you need to target. I would NEVER come out to a free gram Friday party (I don't even know what that is) and would most likely file you under the BS politician category. It would take a lot of work to get you out of that box. So just don't put yourself in it.

I'm talking about the hood tho... that's the demo Im going for. of course real issues will be addressed but nikkas don't even go to town hall meetings.. how you expect them to come out to a garden or wherever? the conservative religious aka cacs can vote for the incumbent , frankly I don't think their vote is needed. too many millenials, blacks and Latinos to cater too.

and what's wrong with tacos?? throw a free taco Tuesday gathering and watch how the hood come out. then that's when you give yo pitch. every nikka in so cal love tacos ...

and the free gram Friday isn't a party . its an agreement with the various weedmen that on Fridays , grams will go for free (limits and exclusions apply) . when they come to pick up, you let them know "vote for suchandsuch who's running for mayor"

we tryna win the hood over, not rancho cucamonga
I got fam in the city right now and lived there for years...I don't need to assess the problems. I already KNOW the problems. that's the advantage over the cac from Malibu that just wants to run a ghetto. ain't like I'm from out of town, its low key home field advantage

Last edited:

tater

Superstar
Daps
I'm talking about the hood tho... that's the demo Im going for. of course real issues will be addressed but nikkas don't even go to town hall meetings.. how you expect them to come out to a garden or wherever? the conservative religious aka cacs can vote for the incumbent , frankly I don't think their vote is needed. too many millenials, blacks and Latinos to cater too.

and what's wrong with tacos?? throw a free taco Tuesday gathering and watch how the hood come out. then that's when you give yo pitch. every nikka in so cal love tacos ...

and the free gram Friday isn't a party . its an agreement with the various weedmen that on Fridays , grams will go for free (limits and exclusions apply) . when they come to pick up, you let them know "vote for suchandsuch who's running for mayor"

we tryna win the hood over, not rancho cucamonga
I got fam in the city right now and lived there for years...I don't need to assess the problems. I already KNOW the problems. that's the advantage over the cac from Malibu that just wants to run a ghetto. ain't like I'm from out of town, its low key home field advantage

i mean I don't know what to say. I don't feel like I should even have to address the weed give away. Just no. You'd run into a lot of red tape, and that will probably never happen. It's still not legal on the federal level. No one is going to give you free weed like it could be a tax write off.

Anyhoos...i think you would be better off trying to spark interest in other projects rather than giving out weed. You can disregard the cacs all you want, but you'll need some of them to win an election (maybe not, don't know the demo of your city). Also while I understand weed is an integral part of California, handing it out with the goal of holding political office is more than likely political suicide. I know people don't really attend town halls, which is why I said have it in conjunction with your tacos.

No on the weed. NEVER. I'm coming from the most sincere of places and not trying to just throw your ideas to the bushes, but you need to go back to the drawing board and think of something else.

Honestly though, Donald trump just got elected. Anything could happen :yeshrug:.