Pandering for "Minority" votes

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
OK so the home girl is a pol sci major with dreams of living in Cali. we sparked a blunt up and wound up talking about running for public office. mayor to be exact, straight for the top

now, if there is a city (actually plenty in so cal) with a large "minority" population but low voter turnout, would I be in the wrong if I tried to gain votes by throwing clubs, free gram Fridays, taco Tuesdays, etc?

I think it would be a lot more effective than lying speeches , fake promises , etc. And I think she got the chance to pull it off . young, mom is mixed with white so she can prolly steal some cac votes, about to graduate, articulate, etc.

whatyall think? is that some grimey shyt? or do politicians do a lot worse? I'm tryna get me a chief of police of some type of salary job off this shyt. creeping on a comeup:yeshrug:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I honestly feel that no matter what a politician does to connect with "minority" communities, be it genuine or otherwise, people will claim they're pandering. What you described, though, is as you would put "grimey". What's wrong with making a legitimate attempt to connect with low turnout areas, listening to their problems, and working with them to make progress?

Also, I think your friend should look to start small because challenging an incumbent is a tall order. First and foremost, she's going to need a lot of campaign funding and that's tough to get when you're coming from nowhere (and I mean no disrespect with that).

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
I honestly feel that no matter what a politician does to connect with "minority" communities, be it genuine or otherwise, people will claim they're pandering. What you described, though, is as you would put "grimey". What's wrong with making a legitimate attempt to connect with low turnout areas, listening to their problems, and working with them to make progress?

Also, I think your friend should look to start small because challenging an incumbent is a tall order. First and foremost, she's going to need a lot of campaign funding and that's tough to get when you're coming from nowhere (and I mean no disrespect with that).

the goal is definitely to help change the community for the better. its a community that needs it too. to be specific, its most likely gonna be San Bernardino. everyone from the mayor to the fire dpt has failed the community. its time to drain the swamp lol

this really what she wanna do too, she wants to be a lawyer and all that shyt. I figured it wouldn't look bad on a resume either even if she lost.

I have family and friends in the city so its no way they're gonna get neglected like some cac would do. like a win win .

and how much campaign $$ we talking? we planned to fund and advertise this straight from the streets up. get the local rappers etc to support, snap/insta advertising, throw food drives, cookouts, back to school drive, sports tournaments ,etc . real community shyt, fukk the radio and ad $$ . we want the minority vote and can care less about cacs.
shyt we can do some intimidation too if it come down to it , we gone win like the cacs be tryna win

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
OK so the home girl is a pol sci major with dreams of living in Cali. we sparked a blunt up and wound up talking about running for public office. mayor to be exact, straight for the top

now, if there is a city (actually plenty in so cal) with a large "minority" population but low voter turnout, would I be in the wrong if I tried to gain votes by throwing clubs, free gram Fridays, taco Tuesdays, etc?

I think it would be a lot more effective than lying speeches , fake promises , etc. And I think she got the chance to pull it off . young, mom is mixed with white so she can prolly steal some cac votes, about to graduate, articulate, etc.

whatyall think? is that some grimey shyt? or do politicians do a lot worse? I'm tryna get me a chief of police of some type of salary job off this shyt. creeping on a comeup:yeshrug:

Is this a serious post?

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang

None of what you describe here is "pandering", they seem like legitimate attempts to connect with the electorate.

Last edited:

Professor Mac

Im African not black
Daps
That Jay z concert ain't work out too well for Hillary she lost Ohio by 10 pts

Cause people as a whole caught on to those tactics used by Obama...

I mean when Obama did it, it seemed organic..(black man from inner city Chicago listens to Jayz... Seems like a logical pairing...

But its quite the opposite (not the mention over the top) what Hilary did and collectively America gave her the :stopitslime:×:usure:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Professor Mac

Im African not black
Daps

I could be wrong.. but if she eats tacos..and goes to clubs before her political aspirations I dont see how that is pandering...

I guess for me is all about being authentic. but to answer your question no I dont think its okay to pander...I lost a lot of respect for Obama during his second campaign when I realized what he was doing