Pac's Resurrection: The Official 2014-15 Atlanta Hawks Season Thread

Daps
Macedonian Bumblefukk with another miscue :snoop:

It was funny hearing Bud talk about Pero and he listed his scoring as almost like a bonus...not sure I 100% buy that especially with the playoffs around the corner and our bench & post play under the microscope. Bud likes his defense, his movement without the ball his BBIQ, but letsbehonest, when he's on the floor it's 4 on 5 to our disadvantage. Either he gets it together or he needs to sit

Yeah he's not playing great right now but I don't see him as the one holding us back

Matter of fact there are a few other players who could be considered offensive liabilities on our team like Thabo and Bazemore

Their primary role is defense. Within our offense these role players can make a basket or two, but its really not their primary role to score. Nor will they be playing in the last minutes of a playoff game

IMO it depends more on if we can run our system in the playoffs as well as we're doing it this season, if we can continue to move the ball and prevent the defense from forcing us to take bad shots. But you have to be the one putting pressure on the other team, you can't slow down or hold the ball

In the Indiana series last year ball movement stopped at the end of some games, we got scared, they crowded the ballhandler and left Pero open. That type of shyt can't happen again

When you execute properly, you get the shots you want and not those the defense wants you to take

The system is great and designed to dismantle the best defenses and prevent trapping / loading up on ballhandlers

And there's really no reason to believe we haven't improved over last year and are not able to run it better. Trust the system breh

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Yeah he's not playing great right now but I don't see him as the one holding us back

Matter of fact there are a few other players who could be considered offensive liabilities on our team like Thabo and Bazemore

Their primary role is defense. Within our offense these role players can make a basket or two, but its really not their primary role to score. Nor will they be playing in the last minutes of a playoff game

IMO it depends more on if we can run our system in the playoffs as well as we're doing it this season, if we can continue to move the ball and prevent the defense from forcing us to take bad shots. But you have to be the one putting pressure on the other team, you can't slow down or hold the ball

In the Indiana series last year ball movement stopped at the end of some games, we got scared, they crowded the ballhandler and left Pero open. That type of shyt can't happen again

When you execute properly, you get the shots you want and not those the defense wants you to take

The system is great and designed to dismantle the best defenses and prevent trapping / loading up on ballhandlers

And there's really no reason to believe we haven't improved over last year and are not able to run it better. Trust the system breh

Yea but Pero is supposed to be at least a decent shot maker when he's out there. But he's shooting 29% from 3 and under 40% from the field. Him being known for defense & all that other shyt is great but he's a liability on offense on a team that has to have 5 capable scorers at any time on the floor. Him not playing well magnifies how short out bench is for true bigs...if Trill or Horford get in foul trouble he's probably first up, but he can't hit a shot to save his life

I've got complete faith in the system but Antic is fukking us up

Last edited:
Daps
Yea but Pero is supposed to be at least a decent shot maker when he's out there. But he's shooting 29% from 3 and under 40% from the field. Him being known for defense & all that other shyt is great but he's a liability on offense on a team that has to have 5 capable scorers at any time on the floor. Him not playing well magnifies how short out bench is for true bigs...if Trill or Horford get in foul trouble he's probably first up, but he can't hit a shot to save his life

I've got complete faith in the system but Antic is fukking us up

35.6% from the floor right now :heh:

7 other Hawks take more shots than him tho

And its true Al and Trillsap have to stay on the court

But the same could be said for Kyle or even Teague, I don't think we could survive without them for long stretches in the playoffs either

At the end of the day, there are playoff teams that have :trash: players starting for 'em. I can live with some bench scrub being our worst :yeshrug: