Overwatch 2 hits a staggering 25 million players in just 10 days (Coli said the game was trash)

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I remember some of the Coli brehs said this game was trash etc.. typical don't know the facts shyt....

• Overwatch 2 has hit 25 million players in 10 days following the game's October 4 launch.
  • The success comes despite the game's rocky launch period, in which players have experienced a wide variety of bugs and the game's servers have been relatively unstable.
  • Overwatch 2 revamped the Overwatch experience with a shift to 5v5, a new Battle Pass model, the introduction of seasonal content releases, new maps, a new mode, and more.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think its pointless to look at first 2 weeks performance and its better to check 2-3 months after launch. We all seen what happened to populations in Multiverse, Halo infinite, and others after a couple of months

Anyways, game is a lot of fun, but I miss loot boxes because it was a much better system than battlepass + cash shop.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I was a fan of the first game, but stopped playing about halfway through its lifespan. Overwatch 2 is much better from a PvP perspective. Not every character has a shield, and its 5v5 now. It doesn't sound like much difference but it is massive in the reality of gameplay. In overwatch 1, if you lost a couple teammates on point with 6 enemies you might as well just suicide so you can run back with your teammates because it was nearly impossible to beat those odds, now you can actually win these situations because the team has one less person, not every tank has a shield and there is little-to-no CC anymore. It's actually a massive improvement. The new ping system is cool too. However, it still has the most toxic and awful player base, the only thing that is on the same level is League of Legends. And I was a semi-pro in Counter-Strike back in 1.6 at one point, CS isn't even on the same planet as far as player base toxicity goes.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I think its pointless to look at first 2 weeks performance and its better to check 2-3 months after launch. We all seen what happened to populations in Multiverse, Halo infinite, and others after a couple of months

Anyways, game is a lot of fun, but I miss loot boxes because it was a much better system than battlepass + cash shop.
They are absolutely inflated right now, Blizzard sponsored literally every twitch streamer to play overwatch yesterday. But I will say the pvp is objectively so much better, plus its "free" if you purchase overwatch 1. The only thing I don't like is how your ELO only adjusts after 7 wins or 20 losses/draws. I think this will have longevity. Halo in my opinion was obviously garbage, I was talking in that thread when the beta had just started saying how no one would be playing in a few months and everyone made fun of me.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Don't like they changed role queue dynamics. Dropping a tank to satisfy the bloated DPS pool is stupid. Should have split shield/non shield tank roles instead.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Kendrick's album went number 1 in album streams AND with N95 on the Hot 100 charts. After the first couple weeks CLB was outstreaming it. Basically people came out to hear Kendrick's latest shyt, and then realized it wasnt what they were expecting after a few spins.

Overwatch is doing big numbers off its brand and the buzz around it being a sequel. Once the smoke clears or the high fades, people gonna see what the game is for what it really is: a pointless sequel. All they did was reshuffle the meta. Otherwise its the same game as OW1 - which is still an OK game, but not enough to make a substantial impact to the big 3 right now: Fortnite, Warzone, Apex Legends. Especially with Warzone 2 around the corner.

Last edited:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
They are absolutely inflated right now, Blizzard sponsored literally every twitch streamer to play overwatch yesterday. But I will say the pvp is objectively so much better, plus its "free" if you purchase overwatch 1. The only thing I don't like is how your ELO only adjusts after 7 wins or 20 losses/draws. I think this will have longevity. Halo in my opinion was obviously garbage, I was talking in that thread when the beta had just started saying how no one would be playing in a few months and everyone made fun of me.
Yeah, the game is a lot of fun, and the changes are great. I do feel population will be healthy for a long time, but I do wonder how much I have to spend to get skins i want