Overwatch 2 Beta Out Now!

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Heard it's like the beginning. I been playing OW again for a while, so I am excited.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Anyone try this out and have impressions?
They force 1 tank 2 dps 2 healers, and Orisa lost her shield and doomfist now is a tank (uppercut replaced with blocking incoming damage). Personally im not , and never, been a fan of role lock before games. Longer que times for people who want to play DPS by a large amount of time, despite most the heroes being classified DPS heroes.. this is a design flaw in my opinion. also sometimes if you que as a healer or tank or dps and you arent having the best game you are stuck as that role until you lose. Always seemed stupid to me. 1 tank 2 dps 2 healers is forced meta… but if its that way, ok, but people should be able to swap roles in game if needed

The game is much faster paced. I see what theyre doing. In tournaments you just see people shooting shields until a pick (kill) or ultimates so it was hard for spectators. Example all 6 people can be alive, a big ultimate comes in and 3-4 people die instantly. If you dont know whats going on can be very confusing.

This seems to be heading toward a more fluid true FPS where Ultimates will aid but not be the center of the game. I like that a lot.

the issue with Blizzard has never been can they create a great game. The issue with Blizzard is can they maintain it…

Tldr: overall an upgrade over current Overwatch. Dont think its better than original Overwatch(first 1-2 years of release). Can see it being popular again very easily, the new mechanics and play style is very fun. But also think itll get stale/boring quicker than original overwatch due to the same reasons thats making it fun currently.

Last edited:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
They force 1 tank 2 dps 2 healers, and Orisa lost her shield and doomfist now is a tank (uppercut replaced with blocking incoming damage). Personally im not , and never, been a fan of role lock before games. Longer que times for people who want to play DPS by a large amount of time, despite most the heroes being classified DPS heroes.. this is a design flaw in my opinion. also sometimes if you que as a healer or tank or dps and you arent having the best game you are stuck as that role until you lose. Always seemed stupid to me. 1 tank 2 dps 2 healers is forced meta… but if its that way, ok, but people should be able to swap roles in game if needed

The game is much faster paced. I see what theyre doing. In tournaments you just see people shooting shields until a pick (kill) or ultimates so it was hard for spectators. Example all 6 people can be alive, a big ultimate comes in and 3-4 people die instantly. If you dont know whats going on can be very confusing.

This seems to be heading toward a more fluid true FPS where Ultimates will aid but not be the center of the game. I like that a lot.

the issue with Blizzard has never been can they create a great game. The issue with Blizzard is can they maintain it…

Tldr: overall an upgrade over current Overwatch. Dont think its better than original Overwatch(first 1-2 years of release). Can see it being popular again very easily, the new mechanics and play style is very fun. But also think itll get stale/boring quicker than original overwatch due to the same reasons thats making it fun currently.

damn i appreciate the detailed breakdown. im going to see if i can get on the beta this weekend.

ElCuco

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
I've been playing alot the past 2 days. i have over 1000 hours in OW1. i dropped off ow when apex legends dropped

it defiantly feels like 3 years worth of patches in one update as opposed to a sequel. Tanks feel like they take forever to kill unless you focus them down. right now the game feels very death matchy. which is a good thing. but once OWL starts and we start seeing some real comps, itll focus down into a meta just like ow1 imo