Overthinking it vol. 27: HIIT vs LISS for weight loss - HELP!

Daps
so what % of max heart rate should i be aiming for in LISS? if i walk on an incline, i definitely can hit high 80's-mid 90's...that's probably too high? when i walk the lake, i'm usually at 74-81%, is that cool?

HIIT is good when you are close to your goal and want to focus on losing inches and fat more than total weight loss.

However when you have a decent amount of weight to lose (anything over 15 lbs or so) LISS is the way to go. It's more sustainable and can be done more frequently. The afterburn effect of HIIT vs LISS only differs by 7% from what I've read, so it's a bit overstated.

Walking is good, but if you can do that....throw in some running or swimming.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
HIIT is good when you are close to your goal and want to focus on losing inches and fat more than total weight loss.

However when you have a decent amount of weight to lose (anything over 15 lbs or so) LISS is the way to go. It's more sustainable and can be done more frequently. The afterburn effect of HIIT vs LISS only differs by 7% from what I've read, so it's a bit overstated.

Walking is good, but if you can do that....throw in some running or swimming.
:ohhh:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Can you break up liss in intervals?

Like maybe every 90 minutes at work I leave my desk and walk for 15 minutes (a mile, maybe a little more) around the building?