Orson Welles' final film The Other Side Of The Wind! OUT NOW ON NETFLIX!

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
all these rich cac hollywood giving endorsement cant drop the 2 mill?

Why spend their own money when they can spend yours. How you think they stay rich :heh:

lol
i mean i see its only 2 million there asking for
then i see a bunch of moneybag cac directors with mad money and other hollywood actors endorsing this

n2glfhfqqtky4unrgbsm.jpg

dudes prob just dropped like 20 bucks a piece

The entire process to make this happen costs roughly 10 million, who do you think put down the other 8 million? They've been trying to make this happen for years, the reason they're now turning to crowd funding is because they want to finish it in the year of Welles' 100th birthday.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
Need one for Laughton's(Sternberg's) I Claudius

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It's been over a year but we've finally made it. :mjcry:

Dear Contributors,

My sincere apologies for the long silence.

At long last, I’m thrilled to share with you the news that Netflix has acquired global rights and will finance the completion and restoration of The Other Side of the Wind. Working closely with Netflix, Producer Frank Marshall and I will oversee the restoration and completion of the film with consultation from Peter Bogdanovich.

With Netflix’s unparalleled global reach, The Other Side of the Wind will be Orson Welles’ widest release ever… and, hopefully, introduce a whole new generation of film lovers to his work.

However, given Netflix’s unique business model, making this happen meant renegotiating certain rights deals. Once I engaged in those talks, I was unable to comment on the state of the film, hence the extended silence. All told, the deals took a year and a half to close, but, in the end, every painstaking moment was worth the effort. I needed to take a step back so that we could take this giant leap forward.

Thanks to your contributions, we were able to continue working throughout this time, prepping the negative outside of Paris... and I can confirm that the negative is now in Los Angeles and work will commence immediately.

I must commend everyone on your patience and thank you for your faith, trust and commitment. I hope you are as proud as I am to be part of something historic... and now, because of our collective efforts, the film will be seen the world over.

For those of you worried about your perks, we’ll start to roll those out in the coming weeks… and, in a rare move, Netflix is honoring our commitment to you by allowing the production of a limited-edition DVD/Blu-ray, just for our contributors.

More to come… more frequently.

Sincerely,

Filip

LTC_RYMSZA.jpg

Limited edition blu-ray of the final Orson Welles' film with the knowledge that @FlyRy will never have one. :wow:

Finally going to be able to walk around all day in my custom made Orson Welles robe too. :blessed:

When you realize that the IMDb forums died before this movie could have its premiere. :mjcry:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
@FlyRy so you gonna dap but not reply about the trailer for a 40 year old movie that is looking better than anything else coming out this year? :jbhmm:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I need to step my Welles game up...I've only seen Citizen Kane.

I've got Third Man, Lady from Shanghai, and Touch of Evil on deck but they got put on the backburner