Orlando Airport Chili's asks servers to come in and clean, then fires them

Daps
I laid off 75% of my employees friday.

Also an airport related job.

I gave them all a heada up days in advance, but most of them knew what time it was. It wasnt a shock.

Those workers will be able to collect unemployment and hopefully their former jobs once things get back to normal.

Payroll is the biggest expense most companies have. If there is no revenue coming in, keeping everyone on payroll would lead to the companies going out of business.

Layoffs are expected, but the way they handled this was harsh

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
They dont tho. They hide profits offshore and refuse to pay taxes on it. Then they get a discount on that.
and they get bailed out while their workers struggle to survive.

I meant as far as their day to day operations.

Even with all of the offshore money, you would think they would have enough capital to make payroll after one week of slow earnings.

My wife was an accountant for Credit Suisse back in the day, before the recession, and she used to tell me stories of how all big corporations live off of credit just like we do.

She was responsible for like 5 accounts, huge corporate accounts, GM was one of her accounts, to give you an idea of what I mean, and she used to come home complaining all the time about being on the phone all day with their representatives because they needed to increase the limit on their corporate line of credit or asked for extensions all the time because they couldn't make the payments.

I forgot all about that until now as I started reading stories like this.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Layoffs are expected, but the way they handled this was harsh

That's one way to look at it.

Or maybe they wanted them to make more money so they had them come in to clean. The manager could've done it himself but maybe he wanted the workers to earn as much as possible before being laid off.

And laying off people isn't easy.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
I laid off 75% of my employees friday.

Also an airport related job.

I gave them all a heada up days in advance, but most of them knew what time it was. It wasnt a shock.

Those workers will be able to collect unemployment and hopefully their former jobs once things get back to normal.

Payroll is the biggest expense most companies have. If there is no revenue coming in, keeping everyone on payroll would lead to the companies going out of business.
Wow very insightful info

Kill yourself

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
So glad I fleeced my job last year
collected unemployment
took them to court
and now watching them fold completely, after already watching them buy 3 piss poor new work sites that were failing ... netting negative amount of cash and throwing away all that money on said sites :russ: god dont like ugly :troll: