Ori and The Will of the Wisp (PC/XB1) OT

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Surprised this game wasn't more talked about. I really liked the first one and I'm just a few hours into this one and can tell that it's somehow already better on all fronts. Only issue is that it crashes and stalls/freezes sometimes.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Surprised this game wasn't more talked about. I really liked the first one and I'm just a few hours into this one and can tell that it's somehow already better on all fronts. Only issue is that it crashes and stalls/freezes sometimes.

I'm gonna pick it up on sale. I liked the first one a lot.

Fred.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I'm gonna pick it up on sale. I liked the first one a lot.

Fred.

Yeah, do that. First one was one of my top 5 games of last year that I played. This one looking to possibly be in the same vein. I like that Ori is more combat oriented now, while he still got his defensive play style as well. Now it's just a matter of when the fukk Hollow Knight Silksong going to dropped. I just narrowly had HK beating out the last Ori game, mainly cuz of the combat and various build styles and the world lore was tighter Also, HK had legit thorough boss fights by the dozens, whereas the first Ori only had boss sequences, not really fights. Now you actually battle them rather than just run away. They've improved the world lore quite a bit in this one, with having many sidequests and other characters as well. Game looks as beautiful as ever and music is somehow even more sublime. So far, I see they still have its lil epic thrill moments too. I think it's possibly the smoothest platformer made or at least in recent history/within the metroidvania mold. Rayman was about as smooth as well with its platforming, but was obviously a more strictly platformer game than this is.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: hex

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Has to be a PS4 exclusive for xbots to talk about it

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I cant wait till the Series X update for Ori. 120fps:smile:

its on Switch too for my Nintendo people on here:smile:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
This game was fun, kinda tough toward the end, it took me forever to get through the sand level. like 2 or 3 days of trial and error. that damn sandworm is brutal.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
This is the game y’all was bragging on? This thread isn’t even 3 pages, just a bunch of review scores. Did any of you even play this?

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
How's the performance on the Switch? I heard the Xbox version had a lot of issues but i'm tempted to pick this up.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is the game y’all was bragging on? This thread isn’t even 3 pages, just a bunch of review scores. Did any of you even play this?

it has a lot of acclaim but I couldn’t get into it tho...I’ve tried playing it twice and bailed...not trashing it...just didn’t hold my interest