'Orange Is The New Black' Thread on Netfleezy

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I think I'm on the fifth or sixth episode, the show goes hard. Maybe I need to check out the other Netflix original series' cause I haven't fukked with them at all.

:ohlawd: whoever mentioned the latinas on the show

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
last couple episodes dragged a bit IMO, but not enough to deter the overall season

I'm on episode 12. Why doin feel like Pennsyltucky is probably sexy in real life?

"You might as well tell me to turn into a duck."

:pachaha:

Not too bad

MV5BMjE0OTQxNDk3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTU2NDY3Mw@@._V1._SY314_CR2,0,214,314_.jpg

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Killed the whole season this weekend, and prolly gonna go through again while i wait for Boardwalk Empire and GTA V lol

But to everyone that said the Black folks on this show are c00nish are NOT watching the correct show. Tastyee works in the Library and might not have the vocal skills but is very well read. Poussey is one of the most level headed people in the whole prison, the one other bigger black girl was just chill and Crazy Eyes IS actually crazy, but quotes Shakespere and might have a bachelors level of knowledge in psychology the way she speaks when shes chilling. The white inmates have been FAR more fukked up, from the evangelical meth heads to Red, who might be a megalomaniac and even Piper who is unstable in her own way.

But back on the show, its crack. I wasn't expecting this kind of depth from this show, and one of the dopest parts are the flashbacks showing how some people got there.
Some people you felt kinda bad for like the old lady from the islands, and the one white girl that killed her self. But some people like that track star girl you just feel like made really stupid life choices.

shyt is :heh: like every episode. And fukk Piper's husband, Jason Biggs lookin real :flabbynsick: mad cuz Donna put dat fierce toungework on his woman. Chick was swaggin every episodes like "bytch, lets go to Bali or Guatemala or some shyt get this work and live the life." bytches life was like a Hova album. :russ:

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC

But to everyone that said the Black folks on this show are c00nish are NOT watching the correct show
. Tastyee works in the Library and might not have the vocal skills but is very well read. Poussey is one of the most level headed people in the whole prison, the one other bigger black girl was just chill and Crazy Eyes IS actually crazy, but quotes Shakespere and might have a bachelors level of knowledge in psychology the way she speaks when shes chilling. The white inmates have been FAR more fukked up, from the evangelical meth heads to Red, who might be a megalomaniac and even Piper who is unstable in her own way.

No, everyone IS watching the correct show. It's just that some people are okay with certain aspects of the show that others aren't. Some things just rub people the wrong way.

I wouldn't doubt it if somewhere in this world there were some latinos/latinas that didn't like how they were portrayed. Same with the lesbians.

It doesn't mean folks aren't watching the show correctly. It just means people have a difference of opinion.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
No, everyone IS watching the correct show. It's just that some people are okay with certain aspects of the show that others aren't. Some things just rub people the wrong way.

I wouldn't doubt it if somewhere in this world there were some latinos/latinas that didn't like how they were portrayed. Same with the lesbians.

It doesn't mean folks aren't watching the show correctly. It just means people have a difference of opinion.

Personally i don't see the issue with the portrayal though, these females are in prison mostly for non-violent offences (thus why they aren't in max). But to expect people who are in prison for years to be Rhodes Scholars is asinine, extrapolate not only the stats but also the reality that the poor and especially the ethnic poor are disproportionately in jail. Its the same in women's prison too.

I think to try and find super racial stuff in a comedy about jail is grasping at straws. :manny: But like i said i think all the black people in this are actually quite deep. As you said if there was any group that should be upset it was the latino girls.

And many LGBT publications actually praise the show for its portrayal of lesbian relationships, theres gay, bi, confused, trans and straight fem/stud girls in this show. If there's ANY thing this show does VERY well its show that "gay", just like "black" comes in many forms.

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
Personally i don't see the issue with the portrayal though

And this just proves my point exactly. It's a difference of opinion. You view the world through your eyes. Yours only. You know that you will see some things different and some the same. Why can't people just have an opinion without the "oh you're not watching it right" comments?

these females are in prison mostly for non-violent offences (thus why they aren't in max). But to expect people who are in prison for years to be Rhodes Scholars is asinine, extrapolate not only the stats but also the reality that the poor and especially the ethnic poor are disproportionately in jail. Its the same in women's prison too.

Please tell us who's expecting that :russ:

I think to try and find super racial stuff in a comedy about jail is grasping at straws. :manny: But like i said i think all the black people in this are actually quite deep.

And that's your opinion. Nothing wrong with that. I somewhat agree.....SOMEWHAT :leostare:

As you said if there was any group that should be upset it was the latino girls.

And many LGBT publications actually praise the show for its portrayal of lesbian relationships, theres gay, bi, confused, trans and straight fem/stud girls in this show. If there's ANY thing this show does VERY well its show that "gay", just like "black" comes in many forms.

My point in bringing up the latinas and lesbians wasn't to say that they had a reason to be upset. I haven't seen anyone complaining about them, but it doesn't mean everyone is cool with the portrayals.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
i'm on ep 8 but havent had a chance to watch since thurs.. gonna prolly fire up 3 more tomorrow and finish on wed :manny:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
And this just proves my point exactly. It's a difference of opinion. You view the world through your eyes. Yours only. You know that you will see some things different and some the same. Why can't people just have an opinion without the "oh you're not watching it right" comments?

Please tell us who's expecting that :russ:

And that's your opinion. Nothing wrong with that. I somewhat agree.....SOMEWHAT :leostare:

My point in bringing up the latinas and lesbians wasn't to say that they had a reason to be upset. I haven't seen anyone complaining about them, but it doesn't mean everyone is cool with the portrayals.

I got ya...i got ya....great show still.

Mr.Black

An Honest Man
Daps
watched the 1st ep, was kinda boring, maybe because whenever i see jason biggs all i can think about is him being the guy that fukked the pie

i dont give a fukk if he was in woody allen movies and shyt, he'll always be the guy that fukked the pie

not to mention the lead chicks body was wack