Opinion on Nissan Altimas?

SupaVillain

Keep your glory, gold and glitter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I'm looking at a 2021 Nissan Altima 2.5 Platinum AWD to pick up for my next car. How are Altimas in terms of maintenance, reliability, etc?
edit: im goin with another car brand lol.

Last edited:

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
What's your budget like? Could you swing for a Camery AWD instead?

I know Nissan changed up their cvts after the whole scandal of those failing left and right. That sigma still exists so I don't go anywhere near a Nissan or Infiniti products anymore. This is coming from a 350z past owner. Outside of their CVTs nothing wrong with their cars other than resale value besides the GTR of course.

SupaVillain

Keep your glory, gold and glitter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
What's your budget like? Could you swing for a Camery AWD instead?

I know Nissan changed up their cvts after the whole scandal of those failing left and right. That sigma still exists so I don't go anywhere near a Nissan or Infiniti products anymore. This is coming from a 350z past owner. Outside of their CVTs nothing wrong with their cars other than resale value besides the GTR of course.
looking at between 15k-20k. Could go over a little bit.

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps
If you want to go the Nissan route, it's always better to take a step up in the sedan (or SUV). So that means go Maxima instead of Altima, or Murano over Rouge. The reason is the V6 pairs better (and more reliable) with the CVTs as oppose to the 4 cylinders. Altimas have historically had problems with the CVT.