Only 4% of Americans owned a passport in 1990

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
What you're saying doesn't hold because majority of Europeans have passports and leave Europe and they have more diversity in landscape than USA.
Then you obviously didn't read a word I said about Europeans having countries that are closer together so they NEED passports more than an American does. Ours is a want. You live in the UK and want to take a short flight to Italy, you need a passport. I know. I lived there

Let me make it easy.. If I lived in Italy, I'd need a passport anytime I was on a plane longer than 2 and a half hours.. And that's the two longest points. It's 620 miles long. So any travel I do, I would need one early..

In the states.. That's a trip from NYC to North Carolina. In the 1990s people would look at you crazy for flying that. Hell, people still drive to atl and florida instead of flying to save money. Again, you'd drive over 15 countries in europe doing that. So you'd need what?

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Then you obviously didn't read a word I said about Europeans having countries that are closer together so they NEED passports more than an American does. Ours is a want. You live in the UK and want to take a short flight to Italy, you need a passport. I know. I lived there
Why would europeans on mainland europe need passports to go to neighbouring countries?

and majority of people from uk have left europe.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Why would europeans on mainland europe need passports to go to neighbouring countries?

and majority of people from uk have left europe.
Because we are discussing travel of adults... Adults who would have had their passports and traveling since kids, when all of europe DID need passports and Americans did NOT need them to go through all of north america... Now that we do, it has risen 38%. Almost 150 million americans.

I'd like to see the stats that the majority of europeans have left europe please. I'd like to see stats on anything, any of y'all are talking about. Cause everyone is throwing around numbers but I only see the reports of American numbers

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because we are discussing travel of adults... Adults who would have had their passports and traveling since kids, when all of europe DID need passports and Americans did NOT need them to go through all of north america... Now that we do, it has risen 38%. Almost 150 million americans.

I'd like to see the stats that the majority of europeans have left europe please. I'd like to see stats on anything, any of y'all are talking about. Cause everyone is throwing around numbers but I only see the reports of American numbers
Lol do you know when europeans needed passports to visit neighbouring countries?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Lol do you know when europeans needed passports to visit neighbouring countries?
Yes.. If I say I lived there one more time.. I actually lived when you needed one.. I was a child. So now I'm an adult, I've been used to having one since childhood. As were my godsisters who were born there. For when we traveled to France from the UK. That was the 80s. They signed the agreement mid 80s but all the countries didn't fully join until the 90s and later. Some still aren't in it.

Point being, in Europe and other countries. Getting a passport has been a thing in their culture since birth. Americans have never needed it unless they left the continent. This would all change during the 90s and 00s.

Now lets see those stats about how many people are leaving these other places for travel :mjgrin:

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes.. If I say I lived there one more time.. I actually lived when you needed one.. I was a child. So now I'm an adult, I've been used to having one since childhood. As were my godsisters who were born there. For when we traveled to France from the UK. That was the 80s. They signed the agreement mid 80s but all the countries didn't fully join until the 90s and later. Some still aren't in it.

Point being, in Europe and other countries. Getting a passport has been a thing in their culture since birth. Americans have never needed it unless they left the continent. This would all change during the 90s and 00s.

Now lets see those stats about how many people are leaving these other places for travel :mjgrin:
No, you said you lived in England. I've said already I'm talking about mainland Europe.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Yes, however mainland Europeans still have passports even tho they don't need them to visit neighbours only UK does
Unless you're over the age of 30... Because then you'd have needed one to do so when you were a kid. They needed them MORE in the past... So while 30 years olds over there had them since birth and needed them... Anyone over 30 in america needed them LESS in the past...

So passports are apart of their culture and other continents.. while the continent with only 3 countries on it, did not need it

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unless you're over the age of 30... Because then you'd have needed one to do so when you were a kid. They needed them MORE in the past... So while 30 years olds over there had them since birth and needed them... Anyone over 30 in america needed them LESS in the past...

So passports are apart of their culture and other continents.. while the continent with only 3 countries on it, did not need it
I get what you're saying.

But what I'm saying is even when Americans didn't need them they didn't really go far, carribbean and Canada usually. Europeans would be all over the globe especially Germans . And in 2021 majority of Americans still don't have passports which I hear you... You're saying it's cultural for them not to

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps

These dudes struggle with reading comprehension. Don't even bother.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
You didn't need a passport to go a lot of places until after 9/11. I had been to Canada, Mexico and Bahamas before I got a passport. Google still says there's a handful of countries you can go without a passport