Onimusha Warlords Remastered announced (PS4/XB1/Switch/PC) January 2019

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Coulda remastered demon siege or dawn of dreams but nah let's remaster the one that controls like resi 3 . :mjlol: please tell me the tank controls r gone
Tank controls are gone for the most part. You can control the game with the analog stick and it feels very responsive. Onimusha never suffered that much from those tank controls to begin with. Samonosuke is light on his feet. You can easily hope back or complete turn and run to create space.
The game plays smooth as hell. I haven't had any issues at all with it.
Honestly, I'm surprised at how well the game has aged.
After playing the Shenmue remaster and being sorely disappointed I was expecting to hate this game.
Surprisingly the game translates well today. Fast gameplay. Interesting setting and story. Controls are very solid.
The dialogue is hilariously terrible.
For real, the game is a blast, and at $20 I don't know why anyone would pass on it.
Some of the newer school gamers might be turned off by the puzzles but they aren't that hard at all.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Played for close to an hour last night. Beat the bug lady boss, then got to the boss that's guarding the entrance to the underworld.
He kills me.
I realize I hadn't saved at all since I started playing.
Turned off the playstation and went to sleep.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Exact same game plan for me. @Kamikaze Revy and nostalgia are kicking in with a killer combo.
Check out the stream I posted. The game isn't even that long and it plays incredibly well even by today's standards.
Sure you still have goofy stuff like being hit by enemies that are off the screen due to the bad camera angles at times, but overall, it doesn't feel as dated as I thought it would.
The backtracking isn't even that bad because the overall map size is considerably small.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Check out the stream I posted. The game isn't even that long and it plays incredibly well even by today's standards.
Sure you still have goofy stuff like being hit by enemies that are off the screen due to the bad camera angles at times, but overall, it doesn't feel as dated as I thought it would.
The backtracking isn't even that bad because the overall map size is considerably small.

I'ma cop and start downloading soon as I get home. It sounds similar to how I viewed Darksiders 2 when I copped the remaster; the flaws are there but the game has still aged well enough that I play it plenty.