One of the saddest movie scenes of all time

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
That shyt was racist in hindsight….. like the movie exec had to say “just put some tanning cream on him and tell him to do an Indian accent” at some point.
This is what was said about the controversy

Controversy over charges of “brownface” and "whitewashing"[edit]​

American comedian Aziz Ansari has cited the casting of Fisher Stevens, a white actor, to play the Indian character Ben Jabituya in "brownface" as an example of "whitewashing" in Hollywood.[33][34] In 2021, Stevens said: "It definitely haunts me. I still think it's a really good movie, but I would never do that part again. The world was a different place in 1986, obviously".[35]

According to Badham, the character was planned to be American when Stevens was cast; inspired by a scene in Beverly Hills Cop (1984) in which a French shop assistant is rude to his American customers, Badham made Ben Indian, thinking the "culture mismatch was fun". He said he would have auditioned Indian or Indian-American actors had the decision been made before Stevens was cast. He said: "That was an oversight on our part, but we never intended to make fun of the character of Ben".[36]