One Hour Photo is :merchant:

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
That nikka Sy ain't know if he wanted to be that couple son, be a cuckold, or sex up the mom.

Gary Cole as the a$$hole manager was GREAT. He ain't have to do Sy like dat.

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
LOVE OHP. I think I might go ahead and watch it today during this lazy Labor Day. You can only rewatch episodes of Game of Thrones so many times.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Robin one of the greatest talents hollywood has ever seen
I really fukked with that guys work too man. Smh
Used to be up at night couldnt sleep.
Be watching Mork and Mindy.
:russ:

"Na-Noo! Na-Noo!"
:mjcry:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
One of my favorite performances ever from Robin. How the hell did Romanek not blow up after this? :mindblown:
That’s always miffed me. He directed one before OHP in 1985 and one after in 2010 and that’s it. I guess in some ways it’s good because we got some amazing music videos after OHP came out (including one of my favorites “99 Problems”) but I feel like he could’ve given more after this underrated film. It’s been nice seeing it have a resurgence in the last decade but it’s sad that it took the death of Robin Williams to accomplish that. That scene where he justifiably gets fired is hard to watch because Sy’s whole world was being taken away from him and on top of finding out about the affair that Will was having, he became a person with nothing to lose.

I wonder if this movie is still on HBOMax.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
BTW, there is another print of the film out in the internet universe that was only shown once at the 2002 Sundance Film Festival. It's much darker, has a different soundtrack, the end chase is better than the one in the final cut, and the beginning scene in this print has this creepy photo which implies the family in the photo is Sy, his sexually abusive father, and complacent mother. Here's that scene:

Here's the rare workprint version of OHP that I was talking about if anyone wants to watch:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
My homie and I and being teenagers in 2002, are like lets drive up to LA and see this, and get into whatever after. And we had seen Cop Land, Scream, The Wood, In Too Deep, Fear, The Rock, Goodfellas, Pulp Fiction, Ravenous, so we had a good range, wasn't just like comedies or action we watched, but

while we weren't too immature, I'll say two teenagers seeing that movie, and then walking out, we were both like what the fukk did we just watch?

And I had seen him in Insomnia, earlier that year, Unfaithful, so weird sex, or personalized violence wasn't shocking, but just the sheer dread and creepiness of that movie, I had no idea how to react.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
I’m not even a movie head but one of my favorite movies ever.

We had this project in high school where we had to re write a movie ending. I chose OHP but in the end I had Sy kidnap the whole family for a day instead of just the adults. At the end he has them pose for a forced family photo with Sy in the middle smiling. The last scene is the police kicking and finding everyone dead from murder/suicide. One of the cops picks up a Polaroid from the ground and it turns out to be their last “family photo”

Wish I still had that paper that joint was lowkey fire