one gotta go: Lord of the Rings, the Hobbit or Harry Potter

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i know different strokes for....but :wtf::dahell:
how can you put The hobbit over lotr? i like the hobbit but still..... Never seen HP (cant stand kids acting or singing)

Oh I misread my bad. I didn't know it was three choices. Well then the hobbit has to go. But I thought the point of this thread was only one can survive. I didn't even see the hobbit as an option:russ:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Definitely The Hobbit, but as a die-hard Harry Potter book fan, I have to say those movies didn't do the books justice and should have been done LOTR style. But they weren't, so film wise, LOTR movies take the cake for me.

Ok quesrion: is it possible to look at the films as adaptations of the books rather than slavish translations tho? The first two movies are slavish to the books and in my opinion, they suffer because of it. Not saying they're bad but there's too much in them. Whereas the third one is possibly the best one and it cuts a lot from the book and it's when the series starts to find its own identity

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I'm picking between Harry Potter, something I love and lord of the rings, something I like. Of course I'm serious
Pick Hobbit over oscar winning movies brehs
dJj6HFJ.png

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Ok quesrion: is it possible to look at the films as adaptations of the books rather than slavish translations tho? The first two movies are slavish to the books and in my opinion, they suffer because of it. Not saying they're bad but there's too much in them. Whereas the third one is possibly the best one and it cuts a lot from the book and it's when the series starts to find its ownt identity

I know, I know. I can't let it go though. Yes, movies are supposed to be adaptations. But I still think the Jackson did a much better job overall of adapting than the writers/directors of the entire HP series, with the exception of Cuaron, because you're right, the 3rd one was brilliant.