One Gotta Go: Aladdin, Toy Story, Lion King, Or A Goofy Movie

reigun

Superstar
Daps
My immediate first instinct was to say "Toy Story" but this is honestly a hard choice.

Aladdin - Amazing soundtrack, art, and comedy held back by the leads being the least interesting characters in the whole thing.

A Goofy Movie - Far from the grand epic the others are, but makes up for it with a surprisingly resonant and true to life story of a father trying to connect with his son.

The Lion King - A bonafide classic that does damn near everything right....except its third act is kind of weak compared to everything that came before it.

Toy Story - Holds the distinction of being the first movie I saw in theaters and the only movie with a Randy Newmann song I like. A great story about friendship that also ushered in 3D animation in film...that maybe hasn't held up so well as technology has improved and so many of the things that made it work as a story have popped up in many of Pixar's other films.

In the end, I think I'm going to go with "Aladdin." For me, it comes down to the simple fact that if you gave me all four right now, Aladdin would probably be the one I'd be least interested in seeing again.

Last edited:

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
This shyt been on my timeline ALL NIGHT. The legit arguments and slander I've seen is something else.

A Goofy Movie gotta go FOR SURE. I can't even believe this is up for debate. All the others are modern day classics with epic scores, overarching themes and nuance, but this shyt? Nah, issa Disney Channel original AT BEST. It doesn't even compare in my mind. Pit a Goofy Movie up against Fern Gully and Cars or some shyt to make the argument more fair cuz right now.....

:comeon:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Hard one but I choose Goofy Movie cause I bet without that movie Goofy still appears in the Kingdom Hearts games.

Shykai

Rookie
Daps
I don't really care much for Aladdin or Toy Story but since I can only pick one I'll go with Aladdin. With Toy Story there wouldn't have been a Toy Story 2 which I liked way better than the first one.