Once Again Social Media Exposes Failed American Education

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
I definitely didn't get anything other than 12:yeshrug:
If there is another way of tallying it up dependent on mathematic order then I forgot that a long time ago:manny:

Red Money

All Star
Daps
These are always funny considering how dumb and bad at math most people are.

Only 50% got a college degree.

Only 15% of that 50% got a STEM degree. Now of course you don't need a degree in STEM to get that right, but the amount of people who'd get it right are probably about 20% of the people who see it.

Throw in a simple notch above that and the amount of people who get it right will probably drop to 10%.

To be fair people forget things over time. Depending on what you do you not using certain types of math.

Just cause I passed calculus 1 in high school doesn't mean I will remember it 10-15years later If I don't use it. I remember the terms derivatives and integrals from high school....but I don't use that stuff anymore to know what to do, lol. I would need to relearn it.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Only the 2^2 is negative, 10 and 6 is positive

That’s how you get 12

Y’all really confusing yall selves , just pay attention to the signs yall too focused on Oder of operations

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
This is a bad example of questioning education. Most folks are not going to remember order of operations years after school. Come on folks. :comeon:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I must confess that mathematics was never my strong suit, but there was strangely something about accounting that just always clicked for me. Despite struggling with abstract mathematical concepts, I found myself excelling in accounting and possessing an uncanny ability to pinpoint the exact decimal point with accuracy. I’m still good at accounting twenty years later. It’s really strange how the mind works.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
In Ontario Canada we use BEDMAS

So 2² is 4

10 - 4 + 6

4 + 6 = 10

10 - 10

Answer is 0, no?

Did I just embarrass myself?
I grew up here too and I've never done it that way you just said lol.

This has me questioning life now, my Victoria Day's over lol.

What about this,

If you had 10 apples and you gave Jonny 4, then Suzy gives you 6 apples.
How much apples do you have lol?

I get what you're saying tho