On the real, Rick Ross' rise in lyrical ability and popularity are a myth

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
nikka painted a picture so vivid right there how can u hate on that

THAT'S ART RIGHT THERE

Because THEY'RE not listening. Its called blind hate.

Dude in here said the first verse from Rich Forever is "interchangeable" with Ross' verse on Triple Beam Dreams.....

:skip:

The hate is programmed into them bruh.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
hes hit or miss. hes holding the crown by default. he benefits from the fact that theres barely any respectable rappers in the mainstream.

but yea, when hes on - hes on. but i do feel reserved about the whole thing. theres definitely a lil push by his industry peers. i mean, he really didnt get a win over 50 cent. but theres been a number of rappers that ran thru 50 like it was nothing. yet, rick ross is the one that gets the victory parade? man thats poppy-cock.

jmspro

Banned
Daps
I don't post that much on here but i have to chime in. The ones saying that ross is lying need to grow up. If you think entertainers of any genre tell the truth u are naive as hell. This is music and I listen with my ears, Ross makes good music. He makes motivating music. If you dont like the the way his music sounds then cool, but if you don't listen to his music because he's not truthful in his raps then you might as well throw 99% of ur music out. Also, when I watch Goodfellas, Scarface, or Goodfather I dont be like damn that Pacino is such a fraud.

BAMBINO

100% pure uncut fukkery
Daps
Reppin
CHI-Town
I don't post that much on here but i have to chime in. The ones saying that ross is lying need to grow up. If you think entertainers of any genre tell the truth u are naive as hell. This is music and I listen with my ears, Ross makes good music. He makes motivating music. If you dont like the the way his music sounds then cool, but if you don't listen to his music because he's not truthful in his raps then you might as well throw 99% of ur music out. Also, when I watch Goodfellas, Scarface, or Goodfather I dont be like damn that Pacino is such a fraud.

The thread is about his lyrical ability, not if he lies or not...

BAMBINO

100% pure uncut fukkery
Daps
Reppin
CHI-Town
hes hit or miss. hes holding the crown by default. he benefits from the fact that theres barely any respectable rappers in the mainstream.

but yea, when hes on - hes on. but i do feel reserved about the whole thing. theres definitely a lil push by his industry peers. i mean, he really didnt get a win over 50 cent. but theres been a number of rappers that ran thru 50 like it was nothing. yet, rick ross is the one that gets the victory parade? man thats poppy-cock.

You're right. nikkas were not getting wet when Jadakiss murked him. shyt even Fat Joe murked him...

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
Rozay my nikka but he is undoubtedly the king of saying shyt that sounds fly but doesnt mean a damn thing.

Eg. "Larry Hoover dove off the mountain top and turned into a golden eagle"

:leon: :dwillhuh:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Rozay my nikka but he is undoubtedly the king of saying shyt that sounds fly but doesnt mean a damn thing.

Eg. "Larry Hoover dove off the mountain top and turned into a golden eagle"

:leon: :dwillhuh:

He's dramatic, which makes him both hilarious & entertaining at the same time.

What do peeps like the OP want out of Rick Ross? Yall want him to be the best lyricist in the game? Dude is nice with the pen, a good rhymer, a bit clever, but most of all he's entertaining. nikka is making street music in the pop music arena. Why do I need him to be Lupe with the pen? So what if he's not the deepest? Most rhymes these days are empty & flashy. Why Yall comparing Ross to the greatest lyrical talents the genre's ever seen? Posting Common's very best song? What you trying to prove?

He's a very nice on the surface rhymer. Has nice imagery in his rhymes and makes quality music which is the bottom line. How you gonna bring up Deck, somebody who makes garbage music as a comparison? He's on tracks with the likes of Jay, Nas, TI, Jada, Rae, etc.. and never embarrasses himself.

If you going at the Stans, Ross got some of the most laid back of stans on the nets. If you comparing them to Wayne, Em, 50, & Jay stans at their height.

Daps
:mad::mad::mad:

they all classics

dug yourself in a hole here :skip:

deep down you know that nikka aint talking about shyt 90 percent of ross's songs talking about selling dope and ocean front views, what kind of car he driving i mean but damn wheres the variety. even nikkas like future can come off of one topic or have a different sounding verse even though he garbage to

Daps
Here's a technically impressive verse that I mentioned earlier:

I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies
and hypothesis can't define how I be droppin these
mockeries, lyrically perform armed robbery
Flee with the lottery, possibly they spotted me
Battle-scarred shogun, explosion when my pen hits
tremendous, ultra-violet shine blind forensics
I inspect you, through the future see millenium
Killa B's sold fifty gold sixty platinum
Shacklin the masses with drastic rap tactics
Graphic displays melt the steel like blacksmiths
Black Wu jackets queen B's ease the guns in
Rumble with patrolmen, tear gas laced the function
Heads by the score take flight incite a war
Chicks hit the floor, diehard fans demand more
Behold the bold soldier, control the globe slowly
Proceeds to blow swingin swords like Shinobi
Stomp grounds and pound footprints in solid rock
Wu got it locked, performin live on your hottest block

Now show me a Ross verse that's equivalent to that from a technical standpoint.

you didnt have to take it that far :stopitslime: you could have just went with a j cole verse or some shyt tbh

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
I like the way Ross grunts. He also mentions food, women, and narcotics distribution in his songs. THAT'S chill. In addition, I like it when Ross raps while a girl sings or murmurs about "Aston Martin music."

And yew enjoy that shyt tew. -_-