On the mic, Owen>>Bret

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
They were split in Chicago and the handicap match on the road to the show..but the real coming out party was WM 18. On the mic? It wasn't even a contest.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Bret was very underrated on the mic.... no he wasn't the Rock but he had a very good run as a heel....

As a mic worker, he will always be hurt by a few things
- he was a tag team goon in the 80s who didn't really get to talk
- when he finally did get big in the early/mid 90s he was in the worst era of all time; I can't imagine anyone doing amazing as far as promo work goes
-when he jumped ship everyone knew it was a bad idea.....

Honestly he was only in the position to do really well in the 2 or so years before he dipped.. as dude said, he could do good when necessary

On the topic though, its hard to compare.. Bret has more examples of good work but Owen never got a real shot.... I think Owen would have been better by far due to his charisma though

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
That doesn't matter. As a grown man, you should know how to talk anyway. No matter what...especially if you were raised in pro wrestling.

The Great One

Swag Surfin
Daps
I don't understand, was that video posted a page back supposed to show him sonning Hogan? By telling him to stick something up his ass? He has said that to everyone, it has no meaning. Now, calling someone Kung Pao chicken, that, that is hilarious/ether.

On thread topic, Bret's career was never about promos or making up gayass catch phrases about pie/chicken/fruity pebbles ever week. He was a ring general.

captaincharisma

***** PLATINUM *****
Daps
Reppin
NYC
--Today is the 13th anniversary of the death of one of the worst moments in the history of the business, the death of Owen Hart in Kansas City. Bret Hart wrote, "A most solemn day. It's so hard not to feel the blood thicken in my heart at the memory of Owen's passing today. I miss you every day, brother."

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Post #11, my Cole loving friend:laugh: I love straightening out fat kids and out of shape interlopers who don't know what the fukk they're talking about. Probably didn't even see most of this Bret Hart shyt in the first place if not for Youtube.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
That doesn't matter. As a grown man, you should know how to talk anyway. No matter what...especially if you were raised in pro wrestling.

he grew up in a pure wrestling family though....they focused on the in ring aspect. .. outside of Jericho, nobody from the Dungeon was great on the mic...... as far as the promos go he could be good in spurts...

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
He was decent in a heel capacity in 97 and at times in WCW but he didn't seem motivated there at all. He sonned DX when he wanted though but got murdered by Austin when it counted.

Part of wrestling is knowing how to get your character over or at least putting things together to have a better presentation upon debut ala Macho Man Randy Savage in the WWF. He was a star from the very get go and nothing was gonna stop his momentum. Bret didn't have that instant greatness or charisma to him..but neither did alot of his peers in Michaels, Henning, Nash, Hall, or Luger.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
He was decent in a heel capacity in 97 and at times in WCW but he didn't seem motivated there at all. He sonned DX when he wanted though but got murdered by Austin when it counted.

Part of wrestling is knowing how to get your character over or at least putting things together to have a better presentation upon debut ala Macho Man Randy Savage in the WWF. He was a star from the very get go and nothing was gonna stop his momentum. Bret didn't have that instant greatness or charisma to him..

Like i said, that short run before he dipped showed his potential. His heart wasn't in WCW...not an excuse but its obvious...
Almost no one has the charisma like Macho. For Bret it wasn't necessary cause he came up to the main event during that very small time frame where it didn't matter... not to mention he was dope in the ring.... it should almost be a credit to him for being so damn over for most of his career without being a legend on the mic

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

By the time Bret was champion, they had cut out any kind of serious tone from their promos. It was nothing like WCW/NWA or even WWF prior to the steroids trial. It was all kiddie shyt... not Bret's fault.