On Being a Good Black Man

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
I did read the whole thing breh, and I co-sign with parts about what this thing is saying..

However I can't co-sign that part of I'm one of the good ones. Traveling all over I've been through all types of racism and not once did that thought come to me. Black men are targets in our society, most of us are not "bad" or sterotypical but guess what the ones that are make the most noise.

Plus the medias portrayal of black men certainly helps add fuel to the fire.

Yeah but that might've been the whole point of it. It took these experiences for this newly black man, someone who hadn't experienced it, to come to the conclusion that no matter how successful or accepted you think you are that some people will always think of you as the scary black man.

And then finally realizing that his whole thing about being the good kind was the wrong way of thinking. I'm sure there'd be many people on this forum that'd be quick to call him a c00n or whatever even though they've had the same thoughts.

A lot of those thoughts have been programmed into quite a few people in the black community especially because of how we're portrayed in the media. Wanting to prove to the upstanding white folks that we can live up to their standard. Things like changing the way you speak and other things that might even be done subconsciously.

LucaBrasi

West Coast Legend
Daps
Reppin
California
Yeah but that might've been the whole point of it. It took these experiences for this newly black man, someone who hadn't experienced it, to come to the conclusion that no matter how successful or accepted you think you are that some people will always think of you as the scary black man.

And then finally realizing that his whole thing about being the good kind was the wrong way of thinking. I'm sure there'd be many people on this forum that'd be quick to call him a c00n or whatever even though they've had the same thoughts.

A lot of those thoughts have been programmed into quite a few people in the black community especially because of how we're portrayed in the media. Wanting to prove to the upstanding white folks that we can live up to their standard. Things like changing the way you speak and other things that might even be done subconsciously.

Exactly breh :blessed:

Powerful post :drake:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
you're not even secure in your own natural gender.

Of course you're going to be insecure about your race and social standing.

"I'm not like them! I BELONG HERE! :maadkendrick:"

You have no idea where you belong.