Omg why is the ps4 WiFi so slow?

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
You cant fix it, Sony cheaped out on the base PS4 wifi card. It was probably the absolute cheapest card Sony could source, i thought my shyt was broken at first. I had to run a fukking ethernet cord down a hallway whenever i wanted to download something quickly. Couldnt leave it there either because it was a trip hazard.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
I would set up a bridge for an Ethernet connection and forget wireless. There are a lot of factors that impact throughput with wireless including distance from device to router, number of devices on the same BSSID, what the devices are doing (streaming, downloading, etc..), interference from other SSID's using the same channel as yours, your SSID's channel width ( 20 and 40 MHz only available with 2.4 GHz but 40 MHz should be rarely used) and your wireless router's capabilities.

Last edited:

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Put the console on rest mode while downloading. Things magically download faster while in rest mode :manny:
Facts.

Have you tried unplugging and plugging back in :jbhmm:
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

This is LITERALLY the first advice our IT Department gives for ANYTHING: "have you tried turning it off and then back on yet?"

....and I work for a law firm.