Omar Gooding Reveals Turning Down Gay Roles Hurt Career: "I Will Not Compromise"

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Didn't he do one pretty close on a gay cruise ship

horrible movie

and plead guilty to a series of bizarre and embarrassing groping charges in the Manhattan DA's office lol
Her name is Gabriela (Roselyn Sanchez), and despite the fact that she's the choreographer on a gay cruise, she knows so little about gay men that she falls for Jerry's strategy: He will pretend to be gay, so that he can get close to her and then dramatically unveil his identity, or something.

Boat Trip movie review & film summary (2003) | Roger Ebert

Ya’ll should PROBABLY look at the names before posting…

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Sometimes I wonder if this happens because bm didn't do gay roles or because they refuse to do non angry bm roles.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
People not gonna like this but one person who did a gay role and popped off heavy is Jonathan Majors...i didnt even know he did a gay role in 2017, but a coli breh pointed it out and it all made sense.

You don't get a leading role on a huge franchise like MCU, Creed and lead a HBO show within 3-4 years out of no where just because of talent.
Did Chadwick ever do a gay role? I don't think so and he became Black Panther. He wasn't some.proligic actor beforehand.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Did Chadwick ever do a gay role? I don't think so and he became Black Panther. He wasn't some.proligic actor beforehand.

Honestly, there are more people who didn't do "gay roles" before the popped, but every once in a while there is, and all it does is prove that "you have to do or be gay to get on" to some people.

For every one actor who has a role like that, you could name 5 who don't, but it won't matter.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Honestly, there are more people who didn't do "gay roles" before the popped, but every once in a while there is, and all it does is prove that "you have to do or be gay to get on" to some people.

For every one actor who has a role like that, you could name 5 who don't, but it won't matter.
Yeah, thinking about other popping Black actors don't recall Michael B. Jordan, Daniel Kaluuya, or Mahershala Ali do any gay roles?

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People not gonna like this but one person who did a gay role and popped off heavy is Jonathan Majors...i didnt even know he did a gay role in 2017, but a coli breh pointed it out and it all made sense.
He played portrayed a real life gay activist in a miniseries about LGBTQ activist on ABC.

What was his big break was the Last Black Man in San Francisco, that role got Feige's attention. If you've seen the movie, there's a scene that you know right away is what would've made him go, he can be Kang.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I wasn't paying attention lol

I'm a speed reader

thanks for the correction, but I did get a laugh out of reading the Boat Trip review again

There was another really bad one I saw in theaters with Cuba, Chill Factor?