Olympic sprinter Sanya Richards-Ross reveals she had abortion days before Beijing games

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
Should've kept this one in the family that is shameful. A woman killed her unborn child so she could run in a race. Now if her relationship doesn't work out and the next man gets with her he's going to know about it.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Thought bytches had to be laid up for weeks after an abortion

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
Lot of silly comments. These days feminists and male feminists paint abortion as some empowering event for women. I'm glad people are telling the truth and showing how painful and damaging it is for most women. Not to mention feminists try to make it a woman only issue but her comment about feeling like her husband wasn't involved is important to because men SHOULD have a say in what happens to their child. Props to her for sharing a painful story because there are people that need to hear stories like hers

Daps
“I’m chasing gold medals; I’m chasing records, and chasing the best version of myself. So, for me, if I didn’t share the toughest moment in my life where I felt God’s grace the most, it would be disingenuous to this journey. I think there are lots of young girls who experience this especially female athletes. I look forward to having more discussions about it and helping young women heal from it.
If she's genuine with this, and not just saying it to sell her book - I can't fault her for coming out and sharing it in a public forum. However, it's hard for me to sympathize with someone who entangles themselves in religion and glorifies its laws, and yet has an abortion all for the sake of a sport.

:hubie:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
It's like at first I"m like damn...she had to go to the Olympics and compete just 2 days after an abortion.

Them I'm like wait...did she have the abortion so close to the games because she thought it would help? Like it was weighing her down? :mjlol:

I mean if she wasn't ready for a baby fair enough but why get it then? Why not get it after the games? Didn't want to hurt the baby? :skip: