Olympic Runner Rebecca Cheptegei’s Body Is Reportedly Severely Burned After Ex-Boyfriend Set Her On Fire

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC

Olympic Runner Rebecca Cheptegei’s Body Is Reportedly Severely Burned After Ex-Boyfriend Set Her On Fire​

Cassandra S
By Cassandra S2024/09/03No Comments
FacebookTwitterPinterest
(Photo by Ferenc ISZA / AFP) (Photo by FERENC ISZA/AFP via Getty Images)
Just weeks after competing in Paris, Rebecca Cheptegei is receiving treatment after her ex-boyfriend allegedly set her on fire. The Olympic marathon runner has reportedly suffered burns to 75 percent of her body. Kenyan police have identified the attacker as dikkson Ndiema.
According to the Associated Press, the incident happened at Rebecca’s home in Trans Nzoia County in western Kenya. However, she is originally from Uganda. Her parents said she bought the land in TNC to be closer to its athletic training centers.
Note that dikkson is being reported as Rebecca’s boyfriend. But, her father, Mzee Joseph Cheptegei, told The Star, a Kenyan newspaper, that they’ve been “just friends” for a hot minute.

Here’s What Reportedly Happened To Rebecca Cheptegei​

Trans Nzoia County officials say dikkson purchased a jerrican of petrol and poured it on Rebecca on Sunday, September 1, before lighting her on fire. He also suffered burns during the process. The couple had reportedly been in an argument ahead of the arson attack.
This was allegedly confirmed by the police report and police commander Jeremiah ole Kosiom. The commander told journalists that neighbors heard the couple arguing outside of their house and witnessed dikkson pouring a liquid on Rebecca. Neighbors eventually put out Rebecca and dikkson Ndiema’s burning bodies.
It remains unclear what exactly prompted him to commit the attack. The incident appears to still be under investigation. However, the police commander told a local outlet that they believed Rebecca Cheptegei’s ex-boyfriend snuck into her compound while she was at church with her two kids, per The Daily Mail.
As mentioned, Joseph Cheptegei has also spoken out from the hospital. According to The Star, Joseph believes dikkson was quarreling with his daughter over her land.
“They were just friends and I wonder why he wanted to take things belonging to my daughter,” Mzee Joseph said.
Additionally, the father revealed dikkson is not the biological father of his grandchildren. It’s unclear whether they witnessed the attack.

https://theshaderoom.com/rebecca-ch...n-fire/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Ninjas think they own women.
:picard:
In some religions, that may be the case.
:francis:
It’s sad when women’s rights aren’t protected by the government.

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps
RIP to the young lady. What a tragedy.

This dude can go :camby:

And by "go", I mean he can see her in line at the purgatory, but get sent through the left door to hell.