Old-timer NBA players vote for which current player would have excelled the most in their own era

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of course Bron would cook in the previous era. Only weirdos think differently. Most of the modern elite players would still have respectable careers.
Bron would be the heaviest player on the court majority of the time

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I remember that 60+ win Cavs squad and I also remember not being mad at LeBron. I was mad at his teammates.

I'd love to see the stats that year when Bron went to the bench.

if we had fanduel back then and I bet on the Cavs, I bet my life I'd be like "PUT BRON BACK IN!!!!:damn:"

Basketball Reference has the on-off stats.

In the regular season, their Offensive Rating was +12 above opponents when Bron was on the court, and -5 when Bron was off the court. (17 point swing)
In the playoffs, their Offensive Rating was +5 above opponents when Bron was on the court, and -19 when Bron was off the court. (24 point swing)

But breh said he should have built with that. :mjlol:

To compare it to a title team, regular season the Lakers were +9 with Kobe on and -4 with Kobe off (13 point swing).
During the playoffs, Lakers were +5 with Kobe on and -2 with Kobe off (7 point swing).

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Kobe didn't stay 5 minutes with the team that drafted him. His agent purposely manipulated the draft to make sure he'd end up on the Lakers. :skip:

Kobe, Magic and Russell all manipulated the draft or had it manipulated for them so that they'd end up on the ideal team. Duncan and Bird lucked into being drafted by teams who already had HOF stars and solid rosters. Wilt, Oscar, Kareem, Walton, Barkley, Drexler, Carter, Shaq, and Garnett all asked for or even forced trades (Wilt twice) to get to their desired destination. Hakeem tried to force a trade too but it fell through at the last second, Kobe demanded a trade at one point as well. Dr. J, Moses, Shaq, and Grant Hill signed free agent deals with new squads that were loaded or on their way to being so.

Nearly every superstar in the previous eras ended up surrounded by the elite roster they wanted one way or another. I'm sure Bron would have been just fine.
I disagree with you sometimes, but this here is gospel.