Old School Resident Evil games appreciation

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yesterday I was reminiscing about the old days playing RE2 daily and beating it in a few hours with my cousins. During that moment I remembered some intense moments in the games that used to have us on the edge of our seats.We did this shyt damn near everyday since all they had was a dreamcast and a few games so we savored the few titles we played back then.

Resident Evil:Code Veronica. :ohlawd:

I don't know if this ever happened to y'all but there was this one area in the game where you come in some room, come down and make like a u turn and go out the door adjacent to the one you came in and this door brings you outside across from some door I don't remember exactly what.
As a matter of fact this is the hallway I'm talking about. Before you go outside to your demise...
resident_evil_code_veronica_screenshot_1.jpg

The problem??
re2-400.jpg

I'm literally dragging along the way since I had low health and I didn't have ANYTHING to heal with.

No first aid kit, no green herbs NOTHING. Also that room had at least 4 nikkas in there and here's another issue, I ONLY HAD 15 HANDGUN BULLETS. :sadcam:
We managed to kill the zombies in there with that used combat knife CQC style so we thought we was gravy...

We open the door and THIS shyt is outside.
Hunter-re1.jpg

.EVERYTIME we try to just hurry up and get to the door this hunter just intervenes and devours us. it's too fast to just stand there stationary shooting at it so we meticulously open the door, shoot it ONCE, turn around and go back inside and we repeated this 14 times until we killed this shyt. :whew:

The feeling when that shyt died was crazy, hell we didnt' even know if it would work as the game could've treated it as the hunter being full health everytime we reopen the door to go outside since it's like a loading door animation between each shot.

I feel as though these games were the pinnacle of the series and the turning point for mediocrity was with RE4. RE4 was a solid title but I already saw where they were going with it. The fact that the game wasn't even as scary as the past titles already made it clear to me that Capcom completely forgot what they built this game upon. RE5 turned into a dumbed down bro-op shooter(albeit still fun) and RE6 was just the worse thing to brace the name Resident evil ever.

They should just make spin off titles focus on heavy action and bro-op like RE5 or that rac00n city game but the mainline games should go back to the terror that evoked a dreadful, helpless feeling. You had sparse ammo, ink ribbons to use at certain locations and you wasn't ramboing your way through the game unless you deservedly unlocked powerful weapons like infinite RPG's for fun replays.

I was reluctant to chuck my controller at the wall when I seen Leon roundhouse kicking and dropkicking zombies. I think this nikka did the hurricarana or People's elbow in some parts of the game. I'm like "really????"
Crapcom I tell you. :snoop:

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I honestly didn't like the RE games before RE4. all I remember was some tedious shyt where you had to put guns in a box
You have seen nothing. The puzzles were just one aspect of the games. shyt used to test us when we were young and since computers and internet access wasn't as antiquated back then we had no choice but to figure shyt out on our own.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
RE3 is still my shyt.:ohlawd:

All you needed to hear was "S.T.A.R.S." and that was enough to have you like:merchant:.
I nearly fainted in RE3 when that one part in the mansion where you finish doing some business upstairs and as you come down the stairs the fukking background music STOPS playing and you hear like a tiny crack in the window. You run past it and this guy comes EXPLODING through the window rivaling the kool-aid man. My heart damn near burst out my rib cage.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I nearly fainted in RE3 when that one part in the mansion where you finish doing some business upstairs and as you come down the stairs the fukking background music STOPS playing and you hear like a tiny crack in the window. You run past it and this guy comes EXPLODING through the window rivaling the kool-aid man. My heart damn near burst out my rib cage.

And to make matters worse, he had a rocket launcher!

Bad enough he was already 7 or 8ft tall, fast, the endurance of a T 800 and got Tyson tier haymakers but Capcom gave him a fukking rocket launcher and knew how to use it?:mindblown:

ThePsydeFX

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Proud to say I never used a strategy guide on these games. Took me forever to beat the games but it was worth it.
Ashamed to say i needed one for part two. Goes for my older brother too since slow about it too. We were both stuck in an early part at the police station for days not knowing what to do. I think we had to find some red gems and we thought it might've had something to do with that oil painting/briefing room. We finally gave in and went to toys'r'us to go cop that unofficial guide one day after school. Copped and rushed to the car and open that bytch up, only to find out right away that we had to use the lighter on the fireplace:snoop:

Not my proudest moment in gaming. shyt was so obvious just thinking about it.

RE2 was my first Resident Evil game and still consider it the GOAT game in the series.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And to make matters worse, he had a rocket launcher!

Bad enough he was already 7 or 8ft tall, fast, the endurance of a T 800 and got Tyson tier haymakers but Capcom gave him a fukking rocket launcher and knew how to use it?:mindblown:
That's what I was saying. I was like :what: when I first seen this dude. He was fast as hell too. Dude would literally interrupt important cutscenes like STAHRS and HAUL ASS towards you setting you up for a chokeslam.
Resident-Evil-3-Nemesis-pc-game-cheats.jpg

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ashamed to say i needed one for part two. Goes for my older brother too since slow about it too. We were both stuck in an early part at the police station for days not knowing what to do. I think we had to find some red gems and we thought it might've had something to do with that oil painting/briefing room. We finally gave in and went to toys'r'us to go cop that unofficial guide one day after school. Copped and rushed to the car and open that bytch up, only to find out right away that we had to use the lighter on the fireplace:snoop:

Not my proudest moment in gaming. shyt was so obvious just thinking about it.

RE2 was my first Resident Evil game and still consider it the GOAT game in the series.
RE3 had us printing out long ass walkthroughs off of gamefaqs.com. We would stay getting stuck at the dumbest shyt.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
That muthafukker never showed up when I had full health, seemed like he knew when I was at my most vulnerable and paid me a visit every single time.

Nemesis was always on his :shaq: shyt.

I say it in every re thread but Id pay full price for remakes of the first 3. I forgot how most of em played anyways it would feel almost new to me