Old heads, what was your opinion of Training Day when you first saw it?

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This movie along with Shawshank Redemption, Scarface, and some other movies really goes to show some movies have to languish for a while before obtaining classic status.
When this movie was released it barely made a Peep at the box office, and critics were kinda "ehhhh"
Of course Denzel had the buzz about his performance and eventually would win the Oscar.
That's another story all together

Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Went in thinking Alonzo would be that cop that bends the law for the overall good on some, "Forget that shyt they teach you as a cadet, this how the real world works" shyt.

Then Alonzo started doing Alonzo things and I was hooked. Seeing Denzel be not just a bad guy, but a charismatic monster, was amazing.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Instant Classic. Forget what movie I was going to see, but when the trailer for this came on I knew I had to see it. Never understood why the critics didn't really give it up for this movie. I've never met anyone in the 21 yrs since this movie came out that don't like it. Denzel was magical in this.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
As soon as Still D.R.E. played with the camera looking at the front fender of Denzel's Monte Carlo I knew it was gonna be an all-timer.