Old heads: what kind of lunchbox did you have as kid? Whats in it?

Daps
I had a Superman lunchbox, but I only used it from Nursery to Kindergarten, because I went to Catholic school in 1st grade, and got hot lunch. There was one year I didn’t want hot lunch, and my mom used yellow plastic ShopRite bags. She did the same when she sent us to camp. Everyone else has lunch bags, or brown bags, and we had yellow ShopRite bags. We weren’t even poor, obviously, because we went to private school, and she paid for camp. My mom is just cheap to this day.

Anyway, we rarely had normal lunches like sandwiches when I was in nursery to K. She put a can of Chef Boyardee in the lunchbox with an apple, and a yoddle. My teacher was complaining about having to open the can, and heat it up, which was very embarrassing, and made me resent my mother for a long time. She then started heating up the Chef Boyardee, and putting it in the thermos, so I didn’t get juice in the thermos like the other kids, which also pissed me off. We always had Hi-C, or Hawaiian Punch juice boxes. Once we got to high school and she didn’t have to pay tuition, we started getting better food and snacks at home, and soda, not Koolaid, which was actually Flavor-aid.

On the other hand, we always had the good toys, and great Christmases, Nintendo, Sega, new bikes, etc, but cheap clothes and shoes from Caldor and Payless, which was stupid, because we wore uniforms to school, so we didn’t even need a bunch of casual clothes, yet I always had nice suits and church clothes. We didn’t wear name brands until high school, so I guess the tuition money was our clothing budget. And you know how brehs get clowned for having cheap sneakers. So I went through it until high school, when I started dressing better.

I think that’s the reason I put so much effort into my appearance and wardrobe now.

I turned a simple question into an essay. My childhood was triggering, yet I love nostalgia.

:mjgrin:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
AlfLunchboxmockup.png

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had that A team lunchbox

Mind you I was a kid in the 90s that shyt was my brothers

Don’t even think the show ran at the time

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Think I had a duke's of hazard and transformers one. There is no greater time than growing up as an 80s baby.