Old Going For Gold: USA Men's Olympic Basketball - Next Up The Main Event vs France (8/10 @ 3:30pm ET)

Where Will The Olympic Team Medal?

• Gold

Votes: 168 91.3%
  • Silver

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Bronze

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • No Medal

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
Its not easy carrying a team to the finals and then having to turn around and play in the Olympics.

Guys like Bron, Kobe and KD were in a different tier.

JRUE/White's roles are still the same and didn't exert as much energy all playoffs.
:stopitslime: That nikka didn’t carry them to no damn Finals

GilSho

Veteran
Daps

Haliburton is practically useless on this team so I get it but Tatum being left out of the rotation is crazy. Kerr gotta find minutes for him somewhere.

Credit to those guys for swallowing their pride and still supporting their teammates though. A perfect example of why Jaylen's whiny ass was left out.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Funny thing is the only time Team USA made ground on Serbia was against lineups he wasn't on.

Seeing how rotations were, I would assume that KD (most efficient) came in when Jokic went out, and Embiid (least efficient) was in when Jokic was in.
Simply put.

Gotta go deeper than those stats to understand when and why US dominated certain periods.

Last edited:

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
I hate that the Celtics have all these high IQ players. :scusthov:
White, Jrue, Horford, Pritchard, Hauser and the best/perfect 3rd option in Basketball with Porzingis. Meanwhile Embiid is apparently a bum because he didn't win with Tobias, Oubre, Buddy Hield and 38 year old Batum. :francis: