Old games you were amaze by that had features that's not prevalent now

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Playing Battlefield 2 on my PC right now and I was wondering why the hell EA removed the all destructable environments.

I recall on previous Maddens if a player was injured and could play, he would have added protection on like his ankle etc..

Xbox OG allowed you to replace your music with the game music shyt was tough.

On Snes or Sega Genesis don't remember but on the NHL game whenever you finish your game you could watch the final seconds or minutes of a game still playing after your game.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
The original Unreal had , still, til this day, the funnest TDM settings.. in 1998... But it never returned in any of the unreal tournament games and havnt seen it in any FPS (at least big title) since.

it was 4v4v4v4 TDM, Yellow, Green, REd and Blue.. and now games are obviously just red vs blue..

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
Back on PS2, you used to be able to create your own formations and plays in Madden.

:pacspit: @ EA for removing it
Speaking of Madden, I miss the Superstar/Career mode from back in Madden 06. You could do a bunch of pre-draft stuff like take the Wonderlic and hire an agent. Those moves would actually affect your draft stock and where you went. They even had the combine in later editions.

The mode is so watered down now though. There's literally no thought put into it by EA.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Madden got rid of a lot of shyt over the years

The Radio show
Newspaper articles
An in depth Halftime show
OC/DC & Training staff
A Career mode where he actually had to put in work to get better
The combine that you could watch or participate in with trainers
College All-Star game
A hit stick that works
Playmaker on the run
Pro Bowl game
Players coming back to coach

Battlefront isn't even the same Battlefront. They removed almost every feature outside of shooting at each other with Star Wars characters

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Speaking of Madden, I miss the Superstar/Career mode from back in Madden 06. You could do a bunch of pre-draft stuff like take the Wonderlic and hire an agent. Those moves would actually affect your draft stock and where you went. They even had the combine in later editions.

The mode is so watered down now though. There's literally no thought put into it by EA.

Same thing for Franchise mode too. EA made a big deal about being able to relocate teams a few years ago, acting as if it was this crazy new, innovative feature, like you couldn't do that in like Madden 03 or 04.

Except on PS2, I could pick whatever logo I wanted, name the team whatever I wanted, customize the jerseys, etc. You move a team now, have to pick from one of the 3 preset, pretty much universally trash, team names/jersey combos.

EA :camby:

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
Same thing for Franchise mode too. EA made a big deal about being able to relocate teams a few years ago, acting as if it was this crazy new, innovative feature, like you couldn't do that in like Madden 03 or 04.

Except on PS2, I could pick whatever logo I wanted, name the team whatever I wanted, customize the jerseys, etc. You move a team now, have to pick from one of the 3 preset, pretty much universally trash, team names/jersey combos.

EA :camby:
Ultimate Team is the main reason Superstar and Franchise modes both died. They make a killing off the micro transactions from MUT so they put all their efforts towards that now unfortunately.

It's funny how much has been taken away from Madden at this point. 05 used to have integrated media in the franchise mode like newspaper articles and a radio host. You even used to be able to hire OC, DC and special teams coaches. They might as well get rid of franchise mode at this point cause there's nothing to do there.