Official WNBA Random Thoughts - Playoffs begin 9/22!

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
You have to factor in defense too that’s why her win shares are lower because she has 108 d rating and only a 99 o rating
To go into why Angel has such a big gap over Caitlin which is how we got into this it’s for the same reasons Caitlin o rating is like 7 points worse than the team o rating while her d rating is actually about 1 point better than the team. Tbh my whole argument with @Mars was that Angel had to be ROY simply because she’s better in pretty much every advanced stat and impacts her team winning more.

Mars

Superstar
Daps

BECAUSE HER OFFENSIVE RATING
SAYS SHES A BLACK HOLE.

LETS REMOVE WIN SHARES....

SHE HAS THE LOWEST OFFENSIVE
RATING IN THE STARTING 5
DESPITE HER SCORING ALL THOSE POINTS.

SHE ALSO HAS THE 2nd LOWEST DEFENSIVE
RATING IN THE STARTING 5.

:devil:
:evil:

But yet has the highest TFG% out of all of the starters & virtually the same EFG% as Boston.....Clark gets penalized for the turnover when her teammates are partially to blame for dropping passes...We've seen her teammate blow layups and miss a ton of wide-open jump shots......Clark also doesn't get credit for how she sets up her teammates on offense...She actually passes her teammates the ball when they are open unlike some of the other players.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
But yet has the highest TFG% out of all of the starters & virtually the same EFG% as Boston.....Clark gets penalized for the turnover when her teammates are partially to blame for dropping passes...We've seen her teammate blow layups and miss a ton of wide-open jump shots......Clark also doesn't get credit for how she sets up her teammates on offense...She actually passes her teammates the ball when they are open unlike some of the other players.

:mjtf: WE WERE TALKING
ABOUT COPPER STANLEY

Mars

Superstar
Daps
To go into why Angel has such a big gap over Caitlin which is how we got into this it’s for the same reasons Caitlin o rating is like 7 points worse than the team o rating while her d rating is actually about 1 point better than the team. Tbh my whole argument with @Mars was that Angel had to be ROY simply because she’s better in pretty much every advanced stat and impacts her team winning more.

My issue with Clark's on/off rating is that it is a small sample size...Clark avg 34.4 mpg....So a good portion of the 5.6 minutes she is off the floor are basically garbage minutes where the opposing team's best players are not on the court.

Last edited:

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
She probably does but my counter point would be that Angel misses a lot of shots so that would hurt her o rating just as much and therefore hurt her winshares. Also because Caitlin is such a good 3 point shooter that kinda cancels out the turnovers that’s how James harden was able to have insane offensive ratings and win shares despite leading the league in turnovers

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
My issue with Clark's on/off rating is that it is a small sample size...Clark avg 34 mpg....So a good portion of the six minutes she is off the floor are basically garbage minutes where the opposing team's best players are not on the court.
Angel plays 31 mpg so they about the same

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
fukk all these advanced stats. I go by what my eyes see. vs weaker teams and defenders, Clark plays well. When her team has a lead, she plays well.

When she plays against equal or better teams/defenders, she folds quickly. Once she realizes she’s outmatched, she gives up and just goes thru the motions.

She also flops a lot and tries to sell contact. She’s a shytty defender. She’s a good passer, because it doesn’t require much physical talent. But trying to make fancy passes requires knowing who you’re playing with and trusting they can FINISH. If you’re making difficult passes, knowing it’s a 50/50 chance it’s going to lead to a score, that’s poor efficiency.

She’s also not a natural leader. She only welcomes confrontation to bait the refs into calling fouls. She’s used to being the best player and focal point of the offense. And she doesn’t demand the ball when her team is in an offensive slump. She’s a great free throw shooter, but doesn’t drive to the basket nearly enough.

She’s not a great ball handler, doesn’t recognize traps fast enough…..

Basically, she has a lot of work to do on her game. But at 22, how realistic of a drastic change do people expect? She’s the only player in the WNBA, that is comfortable jacking up mostly 3’s, but the problem is, most players don’t, so it’s not that hard to take that away from her without the opposing team paying for it. Teams are willing to let Boston and other players get easy 2’s than her getting 3 pointers.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
If you’re making difficult passes, knowing it’s a 50/50 chance it’s going to lead to a score, that’s poor efficiency.

They aren't difficult passes to be honest. That doesn't excuse all of her turnovers because even if you got rid of all the turnovers that weren't her fault she'd still likely be leading the league...

There's an elephant in the room that we probably don't touch on enough. Some women need to get better at free throws, simple layups and catching a pass in stride. It doesn't take more athleticism to do that. These are fundamentals that a lot of women should be working on and getting better at.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I see a doubleheader tomorrow night on my schedule

LOOK AT THE LATE GAMES...

Screenshot-20240704-094405.png

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
fukk all these advanced stats. I go by what my eyes see. vs weaker teams and defenders, Clark plays well. When her team has a lead, she plays well.

When she plays against equal or better teams/defenders, she folds quickly. Once she realizes she’s outmatched, she gives up and just goes thru the motions.

She also flops a lot and tries to sell contact. She’s a shytty defender. She’s a good passer, because it doesn’t require much physical talent. But trying to make fancy passes requires knowing who you’re playing with and trusting they can FINISH. If you’re making difficult passes, knowing it’s a 50/50 chance it’s going to lead to a score, that’s poor efficiency.

She’s also not a natural leader. She only welcomes confrontation to bait the refs into calling fouls. She’s used to being the best player and focal point of the offense. And she doesn’t demand the ball when her team is in an offensive slump. She’s a great free throw shooter, but doesn’t drive to the basket nearly enough.

She’s not a great ball handler, doesn’t recognize traps fast enough…..

Basically, she has a lot of work to do on her game. But at 22, how realistic of a drastic change do people expect? She’s the only player in the WNBA, that is comfortable jacking up mostly 3’s, but the problem is, most players don’t, so it’s not that hard to take that away from her without the opposing team paying for it. Teams are willing to let Boston and other players get easy 2’s than her getting 3 pointers.
? The advanced stats say the same thing what are you complaining about now?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Looks like it varies depending on your region.

July 5 – 10 PM ET
Chicago Sky vs. Seattle Storm

This game is ONLY available to viewers in the designated markets listed below who are
watching on:

• A digital antenna
  • A cable provider
  • YouTube TV
All other viewers will see the Las Vegas Aces vs. Los Angeles Sparks.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Looks like it varies depending on your region.

July 5 – 10 PM ET
Chicago Sky vs. Seattle Storm

This game is ONLY available to viewers in the designated markets listed below who are
watching on:

• A digital antenna
  • A cable provider
  • YouTube TV
All other viewers will see the Las Vegas Aces vs. Los Angeles Sparks.
idk why this game can’t be played at 7:30ET it can be a triple header

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes

:russ: THIS IS HOW CLARK FANATICS
WANT TEAMS TO GUARD HER.

gif-20240703-210325.gif

IF YOU HELP YOUR TEAMMATE
ON THE SCREEN THEY GONNA SAY
YOU DOUBLE TEAMED HER.

me simply pointing out that you lied/saying someone was doubled has you creating weird narratives. you bout as rabid as a CC fan

angel reese gon win ROTY based on her record breaking year, not you spinning :duck: about games we can all see