Official WNBA Random Thoughts - Playoffs begin 9/22!

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

:scust:COLLIER MARRIED TO A CAC?

HER BLACK ASS DADDY
MUST BE MARRIED TO A CAC TOO.
:devil:
:evil:

That cac got her game nice. I watched her in college. Nothing screamed WNBA star back then. Dates and marries a top NBA trainer and now she's a superstar. The skill gap between college and the pros is as big as anyone I've seen male or female from college who's played 3+ years at the collegiate level

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Blame Becky she never lets her guard Phee tbh Becky looking real overrated as a coach rn
how you gonna blame becky when we seen what they looked like before becky :dead:

sustaining a championships roster in league as volatile as the WNBA is hard as fukk lol. being able to 3 peat isn't a new hurdle

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Feels like Gray has been playing 70-80% since she came back. She should've rested and skipped the Olympics tbh

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
Facts. I think we take them for granted because of their success over the years. Angel and CC rejuvenated everyone, and I think we unknowingly pay more attention to them because of the energy behind their introduction to the league. Angel is our rookie “Magic Johnson” and CC is our rookie “Larry Bird”. Meanwhile Aja and the Aces are sorta like Dr. J and the 76’ers, the comparisons are not exact the tee but you get the gist. We take Aja and the Aces for granted bro.
What’s funny about the comparison is that Aja and Breanna Stewart fit that mold right now

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
how you gonna blame becky when we seen what they looked like before becky :dead:

sustaining a championships roster in league as volatile as the WNBA is hard as fukk lol. being able to 3 peat isn't a new hurdle
:why::dahell: They were in the finals before they got Becky they just were super young

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That cac got her game nice. I watched her in college. Nothing screamed WNBA star back then. Dates and marries a top NBA trainer and now she's a superstar. The skill gap between college and the pros is as big as anyone I've seen male or female from college who's played 3+ years at the collegiate level
Big facts, crazy looking back that she was drafted behind KLS

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
wildly reductive statement lmao you got it

i never thought i'd see retroactive agenda takes in a wnba thread :dead:
How you acting like Becky didn’t come to a team that already had been to the finals and had a great core. She has been lackluster this year and fails to adjust

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
How you acting like Becky didn’t come to a team that already had been to the finals and had a great core. She has been lackluster this year and fails to adjust
excellent

lets talk about bill lambier then. because that's the actual argument of "the aces were just fine before becky"

we not even gonna talk about plum going from halfway out the league to suddenly 3rd in mvp votes. a championship team hitting a rough stretch mid season is whatever. and a wnba team 3 peating simply hasn't been a thing for a lot of reasons. but pulling a whatisthecoachevendoing with the aces of all teams is a absurd

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
excellent

lets talk about bill lambier then. because that's the actual argument of "the aces were just fine before becky"

we not even gonna talk about plum going from halfway out the league to suddenly 3rd in mvp votes. a championship team hitting a rough stretch mid season is whatever. and a wnba team 3 peating simply hasn't been a thing for a lot of reasons. but pulling a whatisthecoachevendoing with the aces of all teams is a absurd
No it’s not she’s not some untouchable being she has made bad decisions at times. And I’ve said multiple times I blame the GM the most. And bill built this team and he took them to a finals as well we can’t act like he was some bum and Becky picked up broken pieces

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Big facts, crazy looking back that she was drafted behind KLS
That draft was crazy looking back.

Jackie going #1 was obvious. Really easy pick. Similar to Paige this year.

I like Arike more than Asia @2. I understand why Asia was more liked by scouts, taller, better shooter but Arike skill level was insane. Asia skill level was solid. She just had better size, quickness, and shooting but Arike skill was on a pro NBA player level. Asia was never anywhere near as nice and it showed once she got to the W. Arike like her brother who was a pro RB just has a great athletic body and can handle contact. Asia struggle with contact in the W.

It was a lot closer than then now.

I've always said, the biggest gaps for W players is at center and PG. Because of the defense and the role. College is easy for bigs but the W is hard. Tierra was an insane college player but she is just mid in the W. She has moments but that's it.

KLS and Phee both were in the same range to me in college. I felt KLS was a tad better but Collier had more upside. Once Phee got with that white boy training genius, she took off further than any player I can ever recall. I've seen girls massively improve like Hamby and Laney but Phee went from potential starter in the W to ATG. That's an insane jump. The W is usually where it's clear. Cynthia Cooper and Phee are probably the most improved Basketball players I've ever seen from 4 year college to what they were in the W.