Official WNBA Random Thoughts - ALL-STAR ROSTERS ANNOUNCED

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
you gotta think, the closest thing to her is probably sabrina ionescu and she took years to come along, and kelsey plum broke the ncaa scoring record not even long ago and she took several years to come along and even still neither of these women are the best players on their teams

there was always going to be an adjustment period and people disregarded the talent in the wnba by thinking caitlin would just come in and dominate day 1 instead of having to face a learning curve and now that she is facing reality they are pointing fingers at everybody from the coach to the teammates to the opponents for not babying her to the league for not giving her an "easy schedule" (which is fukking stupid considering its only 12 teams)

her insufferable and lowkey racist fanbase is not sustainable for "growing the sport" long term because all they do is look down on everybody else, victimize/coddle caitlin and disregard anybody who dares be competitive in a way that doesnt benefit her personally

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Them ladies playing 2k HOF level defense on her:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
that's exactly how it was looking when she stepped on that court, i thought she talked about they mamas or somethin. was lookin just like when saitama locks in
saitama-serious.gif

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
On technical level it was but people like flashy players. The team is great but everybody wants some flash with greatness. Nba is the same way. Celtics are a well oiled machine and yet are probably one of the most boring teams to watch right now.
That’s BS. Fans don’t care how you play as long as you’re winning. People like winners. The Aces play uptempo, led the league in scoring last year and they went 34-6 last year. Jokic is boring, but he wins.

If Clark put up the same stats at Iowa but they wasn’t winning, we wouldn’t be talking about her. Curry didn’t become a superstar until he started winning.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
If she plans on living off the jumper she’s going to have figure out how to get that shyt off against pro defense off the dribble. Her first three against The Liberty is what it’ll be like every game

Yeah, she might need some Trae-level offensive designs specifically to get her open. That's the closest comp I can think of for her.

It's simple, The people on the other side of the court get paid to play as well.

Them ladies playing 2k HOF level defense on her:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

that's exactly how it was looking when she stepped on that court, i thought she talked about they mamas or somethin. was lookin just like when saitama locks in
saitama-serious.gif

A. She’s in the big leagues now

B. Fever is the worst team in the league. It’s gonna take a long time for them to get better.

Yup, this is a perfect storm. It's nice to see her ridiculously biased casual fan base get some humility. All the WNBA players who worked hard to get there aren't gonna lay down for her, and now the casuals can see that the overall talent level in the WNBA is far higher than they realized.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Rhakim out here backtracking like a muthafukka :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: This try hard was apart of her casual fanbase just weeks ago, saying she was gonna make $50M from Nike and tear up the WNBA.

Yall still letting this fraud fool yall :dead::dead::dead::dead:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Rhakim out here backtracking like a muthafukka :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: This try hard was apart of her casual fanbase just weeks ago, saying she was gonna make $50M from Nike and tear up the WNBA.

Yall still letting this fraud fool yall :dead::dead::dead::dead:

Lying once again. He always makes up shyt, but his receipts never match what he's make up.

I said that she'd be popular, I didn't say she'd be good. I was responding to someone who said all the Clark hype was going to disappear once she left college because no one cares about the WNBA.

You're trying to compare women with 5-figure shoe contracts to one with an 8-figure contract. :deadrose:

Nah, man, you're right, Nike is just pissing this money away. They know nothing about sports and just wasted some $50 million because they're prisoners of the moment. Clark will definitely never be popular in the WNBA, her games won't sell out, her games won't be nationally televised, girls across the country aren't going to buy her shoes and jerseys. Book it now.

Literally ALL of that has already happened, so what do I have to backtrack on? :gucci:

I've never once said anything one way or the other regarding how well her actual game on the court would translate when she got to the WNBA.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
you gotta think, the closest thing to her is probably sabrina ionescu and she took years to come along, and kelsey plum broke the ncaa scoring record not even long ago and she took several years to come along and even still neither of these women are the best players on their teams

there was always going to be an adjustment period and people disregarded the talent in the wnba by thinking caitlin would just come in and dominate day 1 instead of having to face a learning curve and now that she is facing reality they are pointing fingers at everybody from the coach to the teammates to the opponents for not babying her to the league for not giving her an "easy schedule" (which is fukking stupid considering its only 12 teams)

her insufferable and lowkey racist fanbase is not sustainable for "growing the sport" long term because all they do is look down on everybody else, victimize/coddle caitlin and disregard anybody who dares be competitive in a way that doesnt benefit her personally
the bold sums up everything. How these crakkkers have fooled negroes into thinking this girl is being discriminated against while making tens of millions of dollars is beyond my comprehension

Daps
That’s BS. Fans don’t care how you play as long as you’re winning. People like winners. The Aces play uptempo, led the league in scoring last year and they went 34-6 last year. Jokic is boring, but he wins.

If Clark put up the same stats at Iowa but they wasn’t winning, we wouldn’t be talking about her. Curry didn’t become a superstar until he started winning.
winning is important but lets not pretend some of the top teams in the nba arent boring. There is definitely a mix or are we gonna pretend non spurs fans loved watching them play year and year out over teams like the lakers.