Official WNBA Random Thoughts - ALL-STAR ROSTERS ANNOUNCED

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
Wemby was a "bust" after two games too.
I watched close to 70 spurs games this season. In Wemby's 2nd game he had a double double(not in turnovers). A 20-10 game with about 3 blocks. Please stop comparing this traffic cone on defense player to Wemby. She is worthless on defense and can barely pass out of a double team

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Tim Legler brought this up this morning and it pretty much summed up Clark’s game.

She doesn’t have any physical advantages over anyone. Jordan as a rookie was more physically gifted than anyone else. So was LeBron. Magic was a 6’9 point guard. Iverson was faster than everyone. Wemby is a guard in a 7’5 body.

Candace Parker won rookie of the year and MVP in her first year because she was a 6’4 center who could handle the ball like a guard. Clark isn’t bigger, stronger or faster than most if not all the guards she will face this year. And people compare her to Steph Curry. Well one of the reasons Steph is so great is he has elite handles. He can creat separation with ease. It’s not secret that the best 2 players in the league right now are 6’4.

So the ONLY thing that will make Clark great is having an elite basketball IQ. Throughout high school and college, she ran a rec league ywca style offense against mostly inferior talent. So her passes didn’t have to be elite and her IQ was never sharpened. The South Carolina squad that shut her down in the title game, imagine if she had do face teams like that every week in college. Well now she has to face South Carolina every week.

You got former and current WNBA players getting called haters for stating the obvious. Clark simply isn’t physically gifted or imposing enough to create mismatches consistently. And she doesn’t have elite handles or a high basketball IQ do play point guard and run an offense.

Basically, Iowa didn’t prepare her for the WNBA and her for her entire career up until a few weeks ago consisted of players and coaches catering to her and allowing her to play AAU, Rucker Park style basketball.

This...
I don't really watch chix play ball.
But I said f*ck it lol.

I didn't realize how trash shorty handles was.
Like wtf.

And it has nothing to do with her being a female cause all the other girls were nice.

What's the girls name, Brenna Stuart. She nice nice

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
All that may be true, but the Fever picked her first overall with a huge fanbase in tow. She needs to be put in a position to succeed regardless of match ups and feelings.

If she was on the Aces or Liberty, I'd understand her getting the rook treatment from her teammates and coaches.

The Fever may be the worst team in the league and the fans are coming out to watch her; not the coach and not Erica Wheeler. Play to her strengths and let her go through her growing pains.
Regardless of what position they put her at or how she plays, she simply isn't as good as white people have fooled negroes into thinking she is. I saw it, a few others saw it, but she's not that good. A good shooter on a step back going left, but what else? As Taurasi said, "she's playing with grown ass women".. The only success I can see her having is if another super team is formed and she has to do nothing but shoot. As of now, if the WNBA was the 80s, the Aces are the Lakers, Liberty are the Celtics, Sun are the 76ers, and the Fever are the Clippers.

Daps
If she plans on living off the jumper she’s going to have figure out how to get that shyt off against pro defense off the dribble. Her first three against The Liberty is what it’ll be like every game

Daps
So because THAT team is bad the WNBA looks horrible, but if any other team is bad, that's perfectly ok? haha. Every league has good and bad teams. We(spurs) were bad the last 5 years in the league. Does the NBA look bad that we sucked?
Oh no I get that. But with a lot of casual fans tuning in specifically on the fever its not a great product. The last 2 teams they have face have shown the talent but its just weird to see such a huge disparity in talent when it feels even more exclusive than the nba when it comes to roster spots. On top of that the league has already grown where you dont have a player shouldering the huge part of the fanbase. We all know what it is but we will see how pans out i dont get how people are saying shes not that good when every team has been zoning in on her despite the talent on her team.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Oh no I get that. But with a lot of casual fans tuning in specifically on the fever its not a great product. The last 2 teams they have face have shown the talent but its just weird to see such a huge disparity in talent when it feels even more exclusive than the nba when it comes to roster spots. On top of that the league has already grown where you dont have a player shouldering the huge part of the fanbase. We all know what it is but we will see how pans out i dont get how people are saying shes not that good when every team has been zoning in on her despite the talent on her team.

She popped 20 in one of those preseason games, so obviously if you let her get comfortable she can go off.

That's the decision teams have made with Indiana. Anybody else but Caitlin.

And right now Caitlin can't play through it effectively.

Daps
She popped 20 in one of those preseason games, so obviously if you let her get comfortable she can go off.

That's the decision teams have made with Indiana. Anybody else but Caitlin.

And right now Caitlin can't play through it effectively.
yeah true I just sympathize because thats gotta be a tough transition to getting that every game. She also is compared to every other rookie in her class who is actually treated like a rookie.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The Aces played Phoenix opening night right after Indiana. That was a better product, yet nobody watched. Whose fault is that?

Daps
The Aces played Phoenix opening night right after Indiana. That was a better product, yet nobody watched. Whose fault is that?
On technical level it was but people like flashy players. The team is great but everybody wants some flash with greatness. Nba is the same way. Celtics are a well oiled machine and yet are probably one of the most boring teams to watch right now.

Daps
Reppin
704. Formerly 212 and 843.
Their fans are blaming the 10pm start for that.

Some CC fans already want to get the superstars treatment on defense. They want to be able to aggressive on defense without calling fouls while calling fouls on players who attempt to play aggressive against her.