Official WNBA Random Thoughts -

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
So Clark isn't on the olympic team? Do these women like having nobody watch them and making peanuts? I dont get it....

You get gifted a player thats approaching Bron levels of popularity and could make the WNBA a worldwide thing, and you don't wanna push her to the forefront. It's like they want the league to fail....SMH

Question: at the peak of Linsanity, would you have put Lin on the 2012 men's team?

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Question: at the peak of Linsanity, would you have put Lin on the 2012 team?
Awful comparison....

Jeremy Lin wasn't the #1 pick, considered the future of women's basketball, one of the best college players of all time, and one of the biggest name in sports period. And most importantly....the NBA wasn't a dying league. They had stars, they had exposure, they had money...

the WNBA has none of that. So yes, if the NBA was in the same position as the WNBA is now, I would have absolutely put his ass on the team.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Isn’t Griner an international criminal? How is she on the olympic team?

Taurasi in her 40s. Too damn old. She was on olympic team 20 years ago.

Not putting Clark on team is just stupidest possible decision.

So crazy the parallels of how NBA players treated Wemby to how WNBA players are acting towards Clark. Women are some straight haters

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Awful comparison....

Jeremy Lin wasn't the #1 pick, considered the future of women's basketball, one of the best college players of all time, and the biggest name in sports period. And most importantly....the NBA wasn't a dying league. They had stars, they had exposure, they had money...

the WNBA has none of that. So yes, if the NBA was in the same position as the WNBA is now, I would have absolutely put his ass on the team.

Future of women's basketball. So 2028, ALL hers. No argument on future. That ain't today though. Jeremy Lin became one of the biggest names in sports in TWO WEEKS. Jeremy Lin went from sleepin on a couch to "ehh put him in the all-star game. why not? It's a celebration." The NBA, the league with stars, exposure and money, STILL tried to shoehorn Lin into everything. Why? Because that's what Americans do: milk cows dry. Nobody argued Lin for the Olympics for 2 reasons:

1. he didn't go through the process of making the team and America got serious about that process because they didn't want a repeat of 2004.

2. there were better players than him.

The WNBA is NOT a dying league. See, if WNBA players are jealous, I can kinda understand, because they have been making strides. The growth they've made the last couple of years cannot be ignored. It's why Clark could enter the league and there actually be anticipation. Clark will be the piece that propels this further but there's no deadline to this. Diana Taurasi's about to enter Olympics #6 yet if Clark didn't make it now the whole operation falls apart? One day, Clark will wind up in Olympics #5 or whatever and we'll be talking about Clark the way everyone's talking about Taurasi now. There's no expiration date on where women's basketball is going. Only devastating injury can destroy the Clark component of this (and I'm talking so bad that it prevents her from being the face of the Olympics as a whole which happen in 4 years. When has a female basketball player been the headliner? That will be there for her, but people want it now without justification.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Isn’t Griner an international criminal? How is she on the olympic team?

Taurasi in her 40s. Too damn old. She was on olympic team 20 years ago.

Not putting Clark on team is just stupidest possible decision.

So crazy the parallels of how NBA players treated Wemby to how WNBA players are acting towards Clark. Women are some straight haters
Admittedly the only reason why I'm surprised Griner is on the team is because I didn't think she'd ever leave the country again after what happened.

From a talent standpoint, she's still one of the best bigs in the league. That hasn't changed.

Wemby isn't treated the same way. If anything we express hesitation for him to be in these settings because we're scared to death he'll get hurt.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
if you see a man in his feelings over the attention & success of another man you call him on it

the women refuse to be honest about the shyte they trying to reserve their right to be some haters HA

& it's a bunch of nikkas that are sharing panty draws with them bytches giving the cosign

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Nobody was pumped to play Aliyah Boston :mjlol:
She looks like she been out of shape and the lights too bright this year. Her and her teammates should be feasting with the Clark gravity of attention

No one gives a fukk about Boston. :mjlol: They averaged only 4 thousand fans a game last year and none were on national tv.

And as I said, 0-6 against the 2 best teams and 3-4 against everyone else. It’s too early to say they have regressed cause they weren’t beating those teams last year.
Their coach literally said she had to send video the the league offices last year about the treatment Aliyah received a year ago, just like they're saying Caitlin is receiving now.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
So Clark isn't on the olympic team? Do these women like having nobody watch them and making peanuts? I dont get it....

You get gifted a player thats approaching Bron levels of popularity and could make the WNBA a worldwide thing, and you don't wanna push her to the forefront. It's like they want the league to fail....SMH

That would never be the case since she'd ride the bench for 98% of the Olympics. Little girls in Poland and Thailand are not going to be inspired by a benchwarmer.