Official WNBA Random Thoughts - 2024 WNBA Champions New York Liberty

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Fever will not be able to get free agents. Clark early in her career won't be able to get free agents to come in like Kobe and Lebron late in their career. The players see that once the Fever win, Clark gets all of the credit, but when they lose, the blame is on them. Nobody wants to play in that shyt. And once again, it's not Clark's fault. She says the right things about her teammates in public. It's her kkkraker fanbase.
I mean to be fair Caitlin did her thing this last loss they had so she shouldn't get the blame for that loss. Her and AB the only ones that showed up and the fever fans gave them both credit for that.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
I don’t understand firing spoon maybe you can say the offense was simple but the system was simple because the players were trash you can’t run any offense with bums who can’t pass or shoot, a shot chucker, a big who didn’t play aggressive enough until the late season maybe this was the shoulder idk, and the other big shooting under 40% I don’t understand why people think the offense was gonna be anything but simple. Also you could clearly see the players would not listen and did whatever they wanted. There’s only so much you can actually do I don’t think she’s a bad coach

mag357

Superstar
Daps
It ain't much to coaching basketball, I don't give a sht what y'all think lol.

It's more about the players buying in and believing in the coach.
Cause you'll get them to work hard.

You lose that dynamic. U lose everything.

To fire spoon is actually a slap in the face to the players that ride for her...
And one of those players is ur star.
Not a smart move

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

I DEFINITELY BELIEVE SPOON
WAS FIRED DUE TO HOW SHE
HANDLED THE DANA EVANS SITUATION.

GM TRADED FOR 2 NEW GUARDS
WHO WERE SIGNED FOR THE NEXT
2 AND A HALF SEASONS
YET SHE CONTINUED TO PLAY
A SABOTEUR WHO ASKED
FOR A TRADE AND WAS ON THE FINAL
YEAR OF HER CONTRACT
THEN DANA AND HER AGENT
MADE IT PUBLIC.

:devil:
:evil:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Didn't the Sky sign TSpoon before Copper, Williams and Smith left? IIRC they even gave Copper an extension

It's likely that TSpoon thought she was coaching the 2023 team when she signed on

Seems like the Sky FO is one of the worst in sports.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't the Sky sign TSpoon before Copper, Williams and Smith left? IIRC they even gave Copper an extension

It's likely that TSpoon thought she was coaching the 2023 team when she signed on

Yep

T Spoon gets hired in Oct 2023 and then Cooper gets traded in February 2024

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
It ain't much to coaching basketball, I don't give a sht what y'all think lol.

It's more about the players buying in and believing in the coach.
Cause you'll get them to work hard.

You lose that dynamic. U lose everything.

To fire spoon is actually a slap in the face to the players that ride for her...
And one of those players is ur star.
Not a smart move
As a coach, you've also got to learn which lineups work best and which lineups to avoid. For example, Tibbets the entire season couldn't figure out that Taurasi, Griner, and Cunningham on the court at the same time was the worst defensive unit in the league against teams with stellar guards. Cheryl Reeve during the olympics saw that Taurasi/Grinner/Plum was also the worst possible combination to have on the floor and it didn't happen at all in the gold medal game. You can't always play your best players against every team because sometimes your best offensive threats may not be able to guard the opposing team in certain combinations. This is a coach's job to know this.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
As a coach, you've also got to learn which lineups work best and which lineups to avoid. For example, Tibbets the entire season couldn't figure out that Taurasi, Griner, and Cunningham on the court at the same time was the worst defensive unit in the league against teams with stellar guards. Cheryl Reeve during the olympics saw that Taurasi/Grinner/Plum was also the worst possible combination to have on the floor and it didn't happen at all in the gold medal game. You can't always play your best players against every team because sometimes your best offensive threats may not be able to guard the opposing team in certain combinations. This is a coach's job to know this.
But usually you get more than a year to figure this out in a competent organization

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps

They totally fukked her over gave her a team with no shooters no good passers and thought she could win when your second best player is shooting under 40% you not winning many games.