Official WNBA Random Thoughts - 2024 WNBA Champions New York Liberty

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters
Daps
The sad thing is that you doubled down on this.

You feel this way because Clark is being criticized faltering in the first game? So you have to bring in someone else to take the heat off of her? And you use a GOAT candidate to make your point? Reeks of usual Clark fans reactions when something is “unfair” against her.
Nah it’s not about that at all. But yall feel a way about it obviously. I never said she deserved it but I think it does make the discourse more interesting. But nah Aja is great obviously but I just think it’s an interesting situation that it’s different in other leagues. LeBron doesn’t deserve half the hate he gets but you kinda expect it. Anyway I’m chillin on the take it was just a question

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It might be a case of "who are these bytches?" :mjpls: bc I aint heard of nobody outside of the top 4, Paopao and Amore,
Miles & Cintron are nice, and ND guards in the pros>>>. Miles is coming off an injury like Fudd as well but Fudd's injury history is nasty and I don't know about her overall skillset and athleticism in the pros. I still got PTSD from that Ohio St Sweet 16 game when Paige was out and Fudd didn't know how to pass or dribble against a full court press.

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
It might be a case of "who are these bytches?" :mjpls: bc I aint heard of nobody outside of the top 4, Paopao and Amore,
Miles and Harmon were the best PG prospects, but both missed all of last season
Barker was a high prospect 2 years ago, but was on Texas AM that barely got any shine. She'll get a lot more exposure at UCLA this season

Of all the players on this list, I think only Paige, Kiki, and Barker have All-Star or higher potential.
Everyone else can just be solid players at best probably

Leonard Washington

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A little town called none ya got damn bidness
Why does Aja never get criticized. All people have talked about this season is how nobody a touch her stats impact etc. I can think of a million storylines an nba equivalent would get but it’s strange how she gets nothing but praise. Not saying she doesn’t deserve it but I can’t think of one nba player that doesn’t get criticized for something. I think that’s why the media struggles to give her a compelling storyline besides the unanimous mvp thing that kinda just became a footnote over the season
:what:

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.
Nah it’s not about that at all. But yall feel a way about it obviously. I never said she deserved it but I think it does make the discourse more interesting. But nah Aja is great obviously but I just think it’s an interesting situation that it’s different in other leagues. LeBron doesn’t deserve half the hate he gets but you kinda expect it. Anyway I’m chillin on the take it was just a question
We felt a way because it came across absurd and weird.

Comparing Aja to Lebron is like comparing an eagle to a peacock, Bron being the peacock. Bron is very visible, Aja isn’t. Bron walks round calling himself the GOAT, Aja doesn’t. Bron gives controversial statements, Aja doesn’t. Bron loves the attention, and Aja stays away until it’s time. Bron at times, puts himself in position to get hated on. Aja? Nothing.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
It’s 2-1 with the 1 being for the lower seeded team.
So the first two games are in Connecticut? Wow, I didn’t know that. I was confused because Alyssa Thomas was saying they dropped that second game last year and mentioning how those Fever fans are gonna be crazy.

Daps
We felt a way because it came across absurd and weird.

Comparing Aja to Lebron is like comparing an eagle to a peacock, Bron being the peacock. Bron is very visible, Aja isn’t. Bron walks round calling himself the GOAT, Aja doesn’t. Bron gives controversial statements, Aja doesn’t. Bron loves the attention, and Aja stays away until it’s time. Bron at times, puts himself in position to get hated on. Aja? Nothing.
Yeah that’s true like I said I’m not advocating for her to get any but I think it will be more natural for future stars as it grows. Like I said I’m chillin though but it is something I kinda wondered when I first was introduced to the league. I didn’t think about how she isn’t really in the limelight like that yet.

Mars

Superstar
Daps

WHO HAS A BETTER TRIO
OF PLAYERS THAN THE FEVER?

FIRST THIS nikka SAID BRING IN
2023 1ST TEAM SABALLY,
NOW HES TALKING
ABOUT A 2X MVP.

I ALWAYS SAID
YOU nikkaS WERE JUST TRYING
TO REPLACE SMITH WITH ANOTHER STAR.

:devil:
:evil:

Many teams have a better trio than Indiana when you factor in defense/playoff experience.....Those teams also have 4th options who give effort every game unlike lazy ass Smith

Smith needs to be replaced.....It doesn't matter if it's with Sabally or EDD or Howard.............EDD is on the back end of her career and near retirement. So there is risk involved..........EDD/Sabally could end up on Vegas/Phoenix/Minny/Sea......If those players are looking to go to another franchise why in the hell would you not make an attempt to acquire them?

Seems to me you just don't want Indy to get better.....If Chicago landed 2 stars you wouldnt have a problem with it.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Many teams have a better trio than Indiana when you factor in defense/playoff experience.....Those teams also have 4th options who give effort every game unlike lazy ass Smith

Smith needs to be replaced.....It doesn't matter if it's with Sabally or EDD or Howard.............EDD is on the back end of her career and near retirement. So there is risk involved..........EDD/Sabally could end up on Vegas/Phoenix/Minny/Sea......If those players are looking to go to another franchise why in the hell would you not make an attempt to acquire them?

Seems to me you just don't want Indy to get better.....If Chicago landed 2 stars you wouldnt have a problem with it.

:russ:CHICAGO HAS ONE ALL STAR.

INDIANA HAS 3 ALL STARS AND 2 ARENT
EVEN IN THEIR PRIMES YET
BUT YOURE ALREADY TRYING
TO LEAP FROG THEIR NATURAL
DEVELOPMENT INTO THE LEAGUES
TOP PLAYERS AND BRING IN
A 2X MVP.

NAME ALL OF THESE TEAMS
WITH A BETTER TRIO THAN THE FEVER.

LMAO @ USING PLAYOFF
EXPERIENCE AS A DETERMINING FACTOR.

Mars

Superstar
Daps

:russ:CHICAGO HAS ONE ALL STAR.

INDIANA HAS 3 ALL STARS AND 2 ARENT
EVEN IN THEIR PRIMES YET
BUT YOURE ALREADY TRYING
TO LEAP FROM THEIR NATURAL
DEVELOPMENT INTO THE LEAGUES
TOP PLAYERS AND BRING IN
A 2X MVP.

NAME ALL OF THESE TEAMS
WITH A BETTER TRIO THAN THE FEVER

Clark/Mitchell/Boston arent the issue,it is Smith.....At this point Smith needs to be moved....If you have the option of replacing Smith with Sabally or EDD or Howard, you do it.....EDD is not ball dominant and will be 36 yrs old at the start of next season...EDD can be an efficient 14-16 ppg 4th option.

Also, stop projecting with the trio nonsense.......We can do the same projecting with Reese/Cardoso/Carter.....Some teams have 4-5 all-star caliber players they can put on the court at the same time

Aja/Gray/Young/Plum.
SDS/Loyd/Nneka/Magbegor
Stewart/Jones/Ionescu/Laney
Thomas/Bonner/Jones/Mabrey/Carrington
Griner/Taurasi/Cloud/Copper
Arike/Sabally/Howard....could get #1 pick