[Official] Vizio reveals OLED TV prices ahead of next gen. 2.1 HDMI, 4K 120hz VRR

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Vizio’s latest 4K HDR TVs now shipping, with OLED model due in the fall

Even though it’s coming later, you might be curious about how Vizio is pricing its OLED compared to LG. The 65-inch model will run $1,999.99, with the 55-inch set priced at $1,299.99. So it’s fair to say the company is being aggressive in trying to lure shoppers away from the OLED leader.

The OLED, P-Series Quantum X, and P-Series Quantum support variable refresh rate from 48 to 120Hz at up to 4K, making them excellent gaming choices since they’ll avoid screen tearing. They run what Vizio refers to as its ProGaming Engine. And the entirety of Vizio’s new lineup supports HDMI 2.1 on every HDMI port, so you’ll have the latest tech like eARC no matter if you’re buying a top-end model or something like the M-Series Quantum. They’re pretty well future proofed.

Wonder if we’ll see any deals on these around Black Friday.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
:patrice:has vizio stepped their shyt up or something? They were :trash: last i remember.
They kind of own the mid-tier crown. Though, I don't remember 1st gen products ever being great. My biggest issue with getting a Vizio product. Is lifespan. You always better off buying their lowest tier TVs, because they last aslong as their upper tier stuff. Which is unacceptable and a waste of money. Then, you got a very temperament product like OLED.

shyt better get a 3 year warranty.

Like you can buy an M series for like $799+ and you'll be lucky to get 5 years out if it.

You buy their $250 V series. Get 2 or 3 years of good use. Replace that bytch with anothet V series. You’ll end up with a better TV than that $799 M series that's about to die.

I find buy more expensive Vizio to be a gimmick. You’ll get all these better features and shyt, but still the same ol life expectancy.

Last edited:

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I got an LG last black Friday to replace a tv in my living room, i was pretty close to getting a Vizio but i went with the LG and TCL 6 Series. I really like the TCL btw, for the money it's ridiculously good

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You gotta remember LG manufactures all of these panels and then lets other companies use them. LG owns the OLED patent, so LG will always be the best. These Vizio's look to have a great price for entry level OLED, though.

Vincent is the best Youtube reviewer/calibrator when it comes to the technical side of display tech.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Is OLED really that much better?

Generally yes.

Depends on the manufacturer does with it. LG Display make all the panels, TV manufacturers (Sony, Panasonic, Phillips) add their own picture processing technology.

Hisense and Toshiba stepped a pinky into OLED a couple of years back and made garbage oled televisions